Mar 2, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Harry Zolnierczyk wasn’t the only player getting thrown out of today’s game in Philadelphia. Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson earned himself a free trip to the showers in the third period thanks to his cross-check to the face of Flyers agitator Zac Rinaldo.
At 12:29 of the third, Alfredsson was upset after seeing Rinaldo deliver a big hit near the Senators bench and took exception. The captain jumped in after him and delivered some lumber to Rinaldo’s mug. The stick work earned Alfredsson a five-minute major for cross-checking and a game misconduct while Rinaldo got two minutes for roughing.
Will Brendan Shanahan come calling for Alfie? Check out the video from CSNPhilly and judge for yourselves.
- 2015 Norris Trophy finalists: Doughty, Karlsson and Subban 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 15
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 11
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 69
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 49
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (85)