Mar 2, 2013, 4:41 PM EST
Harry Zolnierczyk wasn’t the only player getting thrown out of today’s game in Philadelphia. Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson earned himself a free trip to the showers in the third period thanks to his cross-check to the face of Flyers agitator Zac Rinaldo.
At 12:29 of the third, Alfredsson was upset after seeing Rinaldo deliver a big hit near the Senators bench and took exception. The captain jumped in after him and delivered some lumber to Rinaldo’s mug. The stick work earned Alfredsson a five-minute major for cross-checking and a game misconduct while Rinaldo got two minutes for roughing.
Will Brendan Shanahan come calling for Alfie? Check out the video from CSNPhilly and judge for yourselves.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 35
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)