Mar 2, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Harry Zolnierczyk wasn’t the only player getting thrown out of today’s game in Philadelphia. Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson earned himself a free trip to the showers in the third period thanks to his cross-check to the face of Flyers agitator Zac Rinaldo.
At 12:29 of the third, Alfredsson was upset after seeing Rinaldo deliver a big hit near the Senators bench and took exception. The captain jumped in after him and delivered some lumber to Rinaldo’s mug. The stick work earned Alfredsson a five-minute major for cross-checking and a game misconduct while Rinaldo got two minutes for roughing.
Will Brendan Shanahan come calling for Alfie? Check out the video from CSNPhilly and judge for yourselves.
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 0
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 7
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 16
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)