Mar 2, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
Harry Zolnierczyk wasn’t the only player getting thrown out of today’s game in Philadelphia. Ottawa Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson earned himself a free trip to the showers in the third period thanks to his cross-check to the face of Flyers agitator Zac Rinaldo.
At 12:29 of the third, Alfredsson was upset after seeing Rinaldo deliver a big hit near the Senators bench and took exception. The captain jumped in after him and delivered some lumber to Rinaldo’s mug. The stick work earned Alfredsson a five-minute major for cross-checking and a game misconduct while Rinaldo got two minutes for roughing.
Will Brendan Shanahan come calling for Alfie? Check out the video from CSNPhilly and judge for yourselves.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)