Mar 2, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
If the Sabres are going to beat the Devils today, they’re going to have to do it without their top scorer.
Vanek missed yesterday’s practice as a precaution but whatever his upper-body ailment is, it wasn’t right enough for him to go today. Taking his spot in the lineup will be rookie Brian Flynn who will play in his first NHL game. Flynn has 32 points in 45 games in the AHL.
With new coach Ron Rolston running the show in Buffalo after being promoted in the interim from Rochester, he’d know better about who might work out in the meantime.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 1
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 10
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 39
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)