Mar 2, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
If the Sabres are going to beat the Devils today, they’re going to have to do it without their top scorer.
Vanek missed yesterday’s practice as a precaution but whatever his upper-body ailment is, it wasn’t right enough for him to go today. Taking his spot in the lineup will be rookie Brian Flynn who will play in his first NHL game. Flynn has 32 points in 45 games in the AHL.
With new coach Ron Rolston running the show in Buffalo after being promoted in the interim from Rochester, he’d know better about who might work out in the meantime.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63