Mar 2, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
If the Sabres are going to beat the Devils today, they’re going to have to do it without their top scorer.
Vanek missed yesterday’s practice as a precaution but whatever his upper-body ailment is, it wasn’t right enough for him to go today. Taking his spot in the lineup will be rookie Brian Flynn who will play in his first NHL game. Flynn has 32 points in 45 games in the AHL.
With new coach Ron Rolston running the show in Buffalo after being promoted in the interim from Rochester, he’d know better about who might work out in the meantime.
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 15
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 16
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 65
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 17
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 16
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 12
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 34
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 40
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)