Mar 2, 2013, 3:12 PM EST
If the Sabres are going to beat the Devils today, they’re going to have to do it without their top scorer.
Vanek missed yesterday’s practice as a precaution but whatever his upper-body ailment is, it wasn’t right enough for him to go today. Taking his spot in the lineup will be rookie Brian Flynn who will play in his first NHL game. Flynn has 32 points in 45 games in the AHL.
With new coach Ron Rolston running the show in Buffalo after being promoted in the interim from Rochester, he’d know better about who might work out in the meantime.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)