Mar 2, 2013, 9:27 PM EST
Flyers GM Paul Holmgren estimates that the surgery will sideline him for four more weeks, CSNPhilly.com reports.
The original prognosis was that he’d miss two weeks instead of what will now be closer to six, but that was if he didn’t go under the knife.
McGinn’s rehab timetable is now pretty similar to that of another young Flyers forward Matt Read, who’s recovering from torn muscles in his rib cage.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3