Mar 2, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Things haven’t gone well for the San Jose Sharks since they started off the season going 7-0-0. When that winning streak ended, the Sharks have gone just 2-7-3 and fallen on hard times.
As team GM Doug Wilson tells Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com, problems are there with the team but nothing that can’t be fixed.
“We have to buy into doing the things that teams that are scoring and having success in this league are doing on a nightly basis, and we haven’t,” Wilson said.
“We’ve become a pass-first team in a shoot-first league.”
He’s not kidding about that as the Sharks’ offense has dried up. Patrick Marleau has taken heat for cooling off from his white-hot start, but the rest of the team isn’t potting goals either. During their brutal 12 game stretch they’ve scored just 15 goals and have been shutout twice. Six times they’ve scored just one goal. That’s not getting it done.
Wilson says they’re a “Jekyll and Hyde” team that he’d think was only Hyde if he hadn’t seen what they’re capable of. Scoring goals more regularly will help keep the ugly monster we’ve seen for the last month back in the bottle.
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 6
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 33
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 33
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic
- Play Video: Stepan's face takes a beating
- Play Video: Dorsett vs. Thornton
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on