Mar 2, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
Things haven’t gone well for the San Jose Sharks since they started off the season going 7-0-0. When that winning streak ended, the Sharks have gone just 2-7-3 and fallen on hard times.
As team GM Doug Wilson tells Kevin Kurz of CSNBayArea.com, problems are there with the team but nothing that can’t be fixed.
“We have to buy into doing the things that teams that are scoring and having success in this league are doing on a nightly basis, and we haven’t,” Wilson said.
“We’ve become a pass-first team in a shoot-first league.”
He’s not kidding about that as the Sharks’ offense has dried up. Patrick Marleau has taken heat for cooling off from his white-hot start, but the rest of the team isn’t potting goals either. During their brutal 12 game stretch they’ve scored just 15 goals and have been shutout twice. Six times they’ve scored just one goal. That’s not getting it done.
Wilson says they’re a “Jekyll and Hyde” team that he’d think was only Hyde if he hadn’t seen what they’re capable of. Scoring goals more regularly will help keep the ugly monster we’ve seen for the last month back in the bottle.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)