Mar 2, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
When Paul Martin didn’t play during the third period of Pittsburgh’s 4-1 loss to Carolina on Thursday, they hoped it wouldn’t keep him out of action. It appears that won’t be the case.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Martin will not play tonight in Montreal against the Canadiens. Yohe says Martin’s injury isn’t serious and he could be back in the lineup as soon as Monday.
Martin’s play this year has been a huge boon for the Penguins after he struggled so much last season. This season, he’s put up four goals and 11 assists tying him with Kris Letang for top point production on the blue line.
With Martin out, this could lead to Mark Eaton’s return to the Penguins lineup after signing a one-year deal with the team earlier this week.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 15
- Mike Richards clears waivers 27
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)