Mar 2, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
When Paul Martin didn’t play during the third period of Pittsburgh’s 4-1 loss to Carolina on Thursday, they hoped it wouldn’t keep him out of action. It appears that won’t be the case.
Josh Yohe of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports Martin will not play tonight in Montreal against the Canadiens. Yohe says Martin’s injury isn’t serious and he could be back in the lineup as soon as Monday.
Martin’s play this year has been a huge boon for the Penguins after he struggled so much last season. This season, he’s put up four goals and 11 assists tying him with Kris Letang for top point production on the blue line.
With Martin out, this could lead to Mark Eaton’s return to the Penguins lineup after signing a one-year deal with the team earlier this week.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10