Mar 2, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
If the NHL indeed decides to suspend or fine Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk for his hit on Ottawa Senators defenseman Mike Lundin from Saturday’s 2-1 Philly win, we’ll find out soon. The league has a Sunday afternoon hearing scheduled with Zolniercyzk, according to NHL.com.
Beyond the optics of the hit itself, Lundin has reportedly been diagnosed with a concussion. The NHL factors injuries into punishments, so the 28-year-old blueliner’s condition won’t help Zolnierczyk’s cause.
Zolniercyzk now has 36 PIM in six games this season after totaling 35 in 37 games in 2011-12.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 61
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)