Mar 2, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
If the NHL indeed decides to suspend or fine Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk for his hit on Ottawa Senators defenseman Mike Lundin from Saturday’s 2-1 Philly win, we’ll find out soon. The league has a Sunday afternoon hearing scheduled with Zolniercyzk, according to NHL.com.
Beyond the optics of the hit itself, Lundin has reportedly been diagnosed with a concussion. The NHL factors injuries into punishments, so the 28-year-old blueliner’s condition won’t help Zolnierczyk’s cause.
Zolniercyzk now has 36 PIM in six games this season after totaling 35 in 37 games in 2011-12.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 0
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 6
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 9
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)