Mar 2, 2013, 5:23 PM EDT
If the NHL indeed decides to suspend or fine Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk for his hit on Ottawa Senators defenseman Mike Lundin from Saturday’s 2-1 Philly win, we’ll find out soon. The league has a Sunday afternoon hearing scheduled with Zolniercyzk, according to NHL.com.
Beyond the optics of the hit itself, Lundin has reportedly been diagnosed with a concussion. The NHL factors injuries into punishments, so the 28-year-old blueliner’s condition won’t help Zolnierczyk’s cause.
Zolniercyzk now has 36 PIM in six games this season after totaling 35 in 37 games in 2011-12.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 2
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)