Mar 2, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
If the NHL indeed decides to suspend or fine Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk for his hit on Ottawa Senators defenseman Mike Lundin from Saturday’s 2-1 Philly win, we’ll find out soon. The league has a Sunday afternoon hearing scheduled with Zolniercyzk, according to NHL.com.
Beyond the optics of the hit itself, Lundin has reportedly been diagnosed with a concussion. The NHL factors injuries into punishments, so the 28-year-old blueliner’s condition won’t help Zolnierczyk’s cause.
Zolniercyzk now has 36 PIM in six games this season after totaling 35 in 37 games in 2011-12.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)