Mar 2, 2013, 5:23 PM EST
If the NHL indeed decides to suspend or fine Flyers forward Harry Zolnierczyk for his hit on Ottawa Senators defenseman Mike Lundin from Saturday’s 2-1 Philly win, we’ll find out soon. The league has a Sunday afternoon hearing scheduled with Zolniercyzk, according to NHL.com.
Beyond the optics of the hit itself, Lundin has reportedly been diagnosed with a concussion. The NHL factors injuries into punishments, so the 28-year-old blueliner’s condition won’t help Zolnierczyk’s cause.
Zolniercyzk now has 36 PIM in six games this season after totaling 35 in 37 games in 2011-12.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15