Mar 2, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
The carousel of left wingers to play on Washington’s first line continues to spin.
Washington coach Adam Oates is going to give rugged forward Matt Hendricks a shot to run and gun on the first line with Mike Ribeiro and Alex Ovechkin, as Katie Carrera of The WashingtonPost reports. Oates says the top left wing spot is a work in progress.
“You know what, just a change. Give someone else a shot there,” Oates said. “Kind of by committee right now until I feel that there’s a real guy who can be entrenched there.”
Among the other guys who have seen time on the first line are: Wojtek Wolski, Jason Chimera, and Marcus Johansson. With Brooks Laich still out with a groin problem, it’s been a bit of a mess to find someone who works out well on that line. Perhaps Hendricks can do what everyone else hasn’t been able to do and provide stability. He’ll get a chance to show what he can do against Winnipeg this afternoon.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 15
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 110
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)