Mar 2, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
The carousel of left wingers to play on Washington’s first line continues to spin.
Washington coach Adam Oates is going to give rugged forward Matt Hendricks a shot to run and gun on the first line with Mike Ribeiro and Alex Ovechkin, as Katie Carrera of The WashingtonPost reports. Oates says the top left wing spot is a work in progress.
“You know what, just a change. Give someone else a shot there,” Oates said. “Kind of by committee right now until I feel that there’s a real guy who can be entrenched there.”
Among the other guys who have seen time on the first line are: Wojtek Wolski, Jason Chimera, and Marcus Johansson. With Brooks Laich still out with a groin problem, it’s been a bit of a mess to find someone who works out well on that line. Perhaps Hendricks can do what everyone else hasn’t been able to do and provide stability. He’ll get a chance to show what he can do against Winnipeg this afternoon.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 34
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)