Mar 2, 2013, 12:32 PM EST
The carousel of left wingers to play on Washington’s first line continues to spin.
Washington coach Adam Oates is going to give rugged forward Matt Hendricks a shot to run and gun on the first line with Mike Ribeiro and Alex Ovechkin, as Katie Carrera of The WashingtonPost reports. Oates says the top left wing spot is a work in progress.
“You know what, just a change. Give someone else a shot there,” Oates said. “Kind of by committee right now until I feel that there’s a real guy who can be entrenched there.”
Among the other guys who have seen time on the first line are: Wojtek Wolski, Jason Chimera, and Marcus Johansson. With Brooks Laich still out with a groin problem, it’s been a bit of a mess to find someone who works out well on that line. Perhaps Hendricks can do what everyone else hasn’t been able to do and provide stability. He’ll get a chance to show what he can do against Winnipeg this afternoon.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 1
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 15
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (81)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)