Mar 2, 2013, 8:50 PM EDT
Whether the Carolina Hurricanes or Florida Panthers win Saturday night’s game, both teams experienced some serious losses.
The Hurricanes must be frustrated, as top defenseman Joni Pitkanen‘s return from the IR amounted to six minutes of ice time. He’s out for the game with a lower-body injury that may or may not be related to the one that sidelined him for seven games, according to the Raleigh News & Observer’s Chip Alexander.
Don’t expect the Panthers to shed a tear for Carolina’s woes – and not just because the two teams are in the Southeast Division.
The Miami Herald’s George Richards reports that the following players left tonight’s contest and won’t return:
- Dmitry Kulikov has an upper-body issue, with Richards guessing it might be wrist or hand-related.
- Scottie Upshall suffered an upper-body injury.
- Jack Skille‘s problem is lower-body related.
- As we mentioned before, it appears that Jose Theodore injured his knee.
So, again, it’s a tough night for both teams. If Carolina holds onto its 5-2 lead, the Panthers probably have the most reasons to grumble.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 0
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)