Mar 2, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins appear to be giving Anton Khudobin the start in goal today against the Tampa Bay Lightning, although, as Steve Conroy of the Boston Herald reports, that information came from the goalies – not the coach.
We’re playing a lot of games, 17 games in 30 days, so I’m going to play more than I played last month, for sure,” Khudobin told the Boston Herald.
“We’ve got four back-to-backs (in March), so I hope I’m going to get at least four or five games. If I get more and more and more games, I’ll be happy. If not, I just have to be ready for the games that the coach gives me.”
The Bruins – and likely Khudobin – go up against a Tampa Bay Lightning team that has three wins in its last 10 games.
The Bruins might worry about containing Stamkos, but at the top of their list should be the power play on home ice.
There has been no power play on home ice for the Bruins.
Joe Haggerty of CSN New England reported that the Bruins still do not have a power play goal at TD Garden.
“[Not having a power play goal at home] is actually something I hadn’t even heard about. But we’re not going to put any emphasis on it because that will just make things worse. We know that we need to be better,” the Bruins’ Patrice Bergeron told CSNNE.com.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:31 AM EDT
His Twitter feed teases “a big day” on Tuesday.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Just a “wild night” for a Black Ace.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
Odd timing, but big news.
Jun 18, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
Led by Patrice Bergeron, who scored a goal and was practically unbeatable in the faceoff circle.
Jun 17, 2013, 11:57 PM EDT
Dennis Seidenberg: “It feels like sandpaper.”
Jun 17, 2013, 11:43 PM EDT
“It’s a low-chance game and a low-chance series,” he said.
Jun 17, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville said it was “definitely not good.”
Jun 17, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
He was a game-time decision for Game 3.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:50 PM EDT
A masterful performance by Boston.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Both are much-hyped forwards from Cole Harbour, Novia Scotia.
Jun 17, 2013, 10:10 PM EDT
He owns fifth place with 197 points.
Jun 17, 2013, 9:57 PM EDT
Big results for his line with Tyler Seguin and Chris Kelly.
Jun 17, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
Does that mean it could fall through?
Jun 17, 2013, 8:16 PM EDT
Big (and surprising) loss for the Chicago Blackhawks.
Jun 17, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Chris Mason’s amazing beard couldn’t mask lousy numbers.
Jun 17, 2013, 6:26 PM EDT
Multiple sources expect buyouts for Ilya Bryzgalov and Daniel Briere.
Jun 17, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
23-year-old was the club’s second-round pick in 2008.
Jun 17, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
Former Canucks bench boss cashes in.
Jun 17, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
Just five days after acquiring him from the Islanders.
Jun 17, 2013, 4:39 PM EDT
Interesting, given he’s probably going to get traded this summer.
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 9
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 2
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 44
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 36
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 77
- Blackhawks look to end current Game 3 curse 4
- Bruins’ leaders deliver Stanley Cup Final speech 14
- Report: NHL has Seattle plan ready for Coyotes 64
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins go 'above and beyond' in Gm. 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury