Blues’ Schwartz thrives on top line versus Oilers

Mar 2, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT

Blues Getty Images

Jaden Schwartz got a promotion to the St. Louis Blues’ top line, with David Backes and T.J. Oshie.

And he made the most of it.

Schwartz, 20, who had just one goal and three points coming into the night, scored once and added an assist in the Blues comeback 4-2 victory over the Oilers.

“I was excited,” Schwartz told NHL.com.

I was really looking forward to playing with them. I was a little bit nervous at the start, but they’re great players. They’re easy to play with. They’re so smart and they see the ice so well. They’re easy to read off of. I thought we had a pretty good game for the most part.”

The Oilers were playing their second game in as many nights on the road, while the Blues were playing their second game in as many nights on home ice.

The Oilers got off to a good start, scoring twice in the span of 23 seconds to take a 2-0 lead after the first period.

The Blues scored four unanswered goals, including two in the third period.

The Oilers were also without Taylor Hall for the entire third period. He left the game in the second period with an injury and did not return.

“Stretched it out a bit, fell awkwardly and just stretched it,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun.

“I tried one more shift and it didn’t feel right. When it comes to groins and hamstrings it’s better to be safe than sorry.”

Latest Posts
  1. ‘My first reaction was, oh my God, my eye is gone,’ says Detroit’s Miller

Apr 1, 2015, 8:18 PM EDT

MillerFace2

Red Wings forward reflects on Tuesday’s scary skate cut incident.

2. Voynov trial pushed back, again

Apr 1, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT

Sasha Voynov Sasha Voynov

Kings defenseman also suffered a ruptured Achilles.

3. WATCH LIVE: Flyers at Penguins on Rivalry Night

Apr 1, 2015, 6:38 PM EDT

crosbygirouxgetty Getty Images

Catch the game on NBCSN, or with NBCSports.com’s Live Extra.

4. After eight-game absence, St. Louis back for Rangers tomorrow

Apr 1, 2015, 6:13 PM EDT

New York Rangers v Tampa Bay Lightning Getty Images

He’ll play on a line with Carl Hagelin and Kevin Hayes.

5. Sharks send Goldobin to AHL Worcester

Apr 1, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT

Nikolay Goldobin Getty Images

Has been playing in Finland this season.

6. Numbers suggest Ducks are playing much better hockey

Apr 1, 2015, 4:24 PM EDT

John Gibson, Francois Beauchemin, Cam Fowler, Simon Despres AP

Certainly better than they were in February.

7. Hammond, Hudler, and Dubnyk are NHL’s three stars of the month

Apr 1, 2015, 3:27 PM EDT

Calgary Flames v Nashville Predators Getty Images

Did you know only six players in the entire NHL have more points than Hudler?

8. Video: Kane urges patience, but ‘trying to heal as fast as I can’

Apr 1, 2015, 2:27 PM EDT

Patrick Kane AP

“I think the timetable’s still at the 12-week mark.”

9. Video: Babcock got a little snippy with the media last night

Apr 1, 2015, 1:04 PM EDT

Mike Babcock Getty Images

“You guys when you’re asking me these questions, you guys want to be negative more than me.”

10. Patrick Kane is practicing today

Apr 1, 2015, 12:07 PM EDT

Kane practicing

Has it been 12 weeks already?

Can anything stop Tampa Bay?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches