Mar 2, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
And he made the most of it.
Schwartz, 20, who had just one goal and three points coming into the night, scored once and added an assist in the Blues comeback 4-2 victory over the Oilers.
“I was excited,” Schwartz told NHL.com.
I was really looking forward to playing with them. I was a little bit nervous at the start, but they’re great players. They’re easy to play with. They’re so smart and they see the ice so well. They’re easy to read off of. I thought we had a pretty good game for the most part.”
The Oilers were playing their second game in as many nights on the road, while the Blues were playing their second game in as many nights on home ice.
The Oilers got off to a good start, scoring twice in the span of 23 seconds to take a 2-0 lead after the first period.
The Blues scored four unanswered goals, including two in the third period.
The Oilers were also without Taylor Hall for the entire third period. He left the game in the second period with an injury and did not return.
“Stretched it out a bit, fell awkwardly and just stretched it,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun.
“I tried one more shift and it didn’t feel right. When it comes to groins and hamstrings it’s better to be safe than sorry.”
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 8
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 27
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)