Mar 2, 2013, 12:30 AM EDT
And he made the most of it.
Schwartz, 20, who had just one goal and three points coming into the night, scored once and added an assist in the Blues comeback 4-2 victory over the Oilers.
“I was excited,” Schwartz told NHL.com.
I was really looking forward to playing with them. I was a little bit nervous at the start, but they’re great players. They’re easy to play with. They’re so smart and they see the ice so well. They’re easy to read off of. I thought we had a pretty good game for the most part.”
The Oilers were playing their second game in as many nights on the road, while the Blues were playing their second game in as many nights on home ice.
The Oilers got off to a good start, scoring twice in the span of 23 seconds to take a 2-0 lead after the first period.
The Blues scored four unanswered goals, including two in the third period.
The Oilers were also without Taylor Hall for the entire third period. He left the game in the second period with an injury and did not return.
“Stretched it out a bit, fell awkwardly and just stretched it,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun.
“I tried one more shift and it didn’t feel right. When it comes to groins and hamstrings it’s better to be safe than sorry.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)