Mar 2, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Alex Steen‘s shoulder injury is apparently a bit worse off than the Blues thought.
The team placed the scoring forward on injured reserve with what they’re officially calling an upper body injury. He suffered the injury at practice on Tuesday, but Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweets the injury is more serious than they first thought.
Steen had gotten off to a great start this season scoring four goals with 12 assists through 18 games and tied with Kevin Shattenkirk for the team lead in points. With the Blues’ up and down offensive play of late, losing one of their top playmakers isn’t going to help matters much.
The Blues start a five-game road trip tomorrow in Dallas. Steen’s absence, if extended, could turn into a problem away from home.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 7
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 27
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 16
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)