Mar 2, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Alex Steen‘s shoulder injury is apparently a bit worse off than the Blues thought.
The team placed the scoring forward on injured reserve with what they’re officially calling an upper body injury. He suffered the injury at practice on Tuesday, but Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweets the injury is more serious than they first thought.
Steen had gotten off to a great start this season scoring four goals with 12 assists through 18 games and tied with Kevin Shattenkirk for the team lead in points. With the Blues’ up and down offensive play of late, losing one of their top playmakers isn’t going to help matters much.
The Blues start a five-game road trip tomorrow in Dallas. Steen’s absence, if extended, could turn into a problem away from home.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)