Mar 2, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Alex Steen‘s shoulder injury is apparently a bit worse off than the Blues thought.
The team placed the scoring forward on injured reserve with what they’re officially calling an upper body injury. He suffered the injury at practice on Tuesday, but Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweets the injury is more serious than they first thought.
Steen had gotten off to a great start this season scoring four goals with 12 assists through 18 games and tied with Kevin Shattenkirk for the team lead in points. With the Blues’ up and down offensive play of late, losing one of their top playmakers isn’t going to help matters much.
The Blues start a five-game road trip tomorrow in Dallas. Steen’s absence, if extended, could turn into a problem away from home.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)