Mar 2, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
Alex Steen‘s shoulder injury is apparently a bit worse off than the Blues thought.
The team placed the scoring forward on injured reserve with what they’re officially calling an upper body injury. He suffered the injury at practice on Tuesday, but Jeremy Rutherford of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweets the injury is more serious than they first thought.
Steen had gotten off to a great start this season scoring four goals with 12 assists through 18 games and tied with Kevin Shattenkirk for the team lead in points. With the Blues’ up and down offensive play of late, losing one of their top playmakers isn’t going to help matters much.
The Blues start a five-game road trip tomorrow in Dallas. Steen’s absence, if extended, could turn into a problem away from home.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 7
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 10
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38