Mar 1, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
They will, however, have Chris Brown and Rob Klinkhammer.
The pair were recalled from AHL Portland on Friday, the club announced, giving the Coyotes two of the Pirates’ most productive forwards.
Brown, 22, was Phoenix’s second-round pick (36th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, a big-bodied (6-foot-2, 215-pounds) righty that has 18G-11A-29PTS with Portland this season, ranking second on the team in goals.
Lkinkhammer, 26, leads all Pirates with 44 points through 52 games this year and sits eighth in the American League in scoring.
He’s appeared in 16 career NHL contests with both the Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators, but has yet to suit up for the Coyotes.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 5
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 51
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 7
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 23
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 26
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 56
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)