Mar 1, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
They will, however, have Chris Brown and Rob Klinkhammer.
The pair were recalled from AHL Portland on Friday, the club announced, giving the Coyotes two of the Pirates’ most productive forwards.
Brown, 22, was Phoenix’s second-round pick (36th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, a big-bodied (6-foot-2, 215-pounds) righty that has 18G-11A-29PTS with Portland this season, ranking second on the team in goals.
Lkinkhammer, 26, leads all Pirates with 44 points through 52 games this year and sits eighth in the American League in scoring.
He’s appeared in 16 career NHL contests with both the Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators, but has yet to suit up for the Coyotes.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 16
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 34
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)