Mar 1, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
They will, however, have Chris Brown and Rob Klinkhammer.
The pair were recalled from AHL Portland on Friday, the club announced, giving the Coyotes two of the Pirates’ most productive forwards.
Brown, 22, was Phoenix’s second-round pick (36th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, a big-bodied (6-foot-2, 215-pounds) righty that has 18G-11A-29PTS with Portland this season, ranking second on the team in goals.
Lkinkhammer, 26, leads all Pirates with 44 points through 52 games this year and sits eighth in the American League in scoring.
He’s appeared in 16 career NHL contests with both the Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators, but has yet to suit up for the Coyotes.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32