Mar 1, 2013, 8:48 PM EDT
They will, however, have Chris Brown and Rob Klinkhammer.
The pair were recalled from AHL Portland on Friday, the club announced, giving the Coyotes two of the Pirates’ most productive forwards.
Brown, 22, was Phoenix’s second-round pick (36th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, a big-bodied (6-foot-2, 215-pounds) righty that has 18G-11A-29PTS with Portland this season, ranking second on the team in goals.
Lkinkhammer, 26, leads all Pirates with 44 points through 52 games this year and sits eighth in the American League in scoring.
He’s appeared in 16 career NHL contests with both the Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators, but has yet to suit up for the Coyotes.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 45
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)