Mar 1, 2013, 8:48 PM EST
They will, however, have Chris Brown and Rob Klinkhammer.
The pair were recalled from AHL Portland on Friday, the club announced, giving the Coyotes two of the Pirates’ most productive forwards.
Brown, 22, was Phoenix’s second-round pick (36th overall) at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, a big-bodied (6-foot-2, 215-pounds) righty that has 18G-11A-29PTS with Portland this season, ranking second on the team in goals.
Lkinkhammer, 26, leads all Pirates with 44 points through 52 games this year and sits eighth in the American League in scoring.
He’s appeared in 16 career NHL contests with both the Chicago Blackhawks and Ottawa Senators, but has yet to suit up for the Coyotes.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 12
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 55
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (56)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)