Mar 1, 2013, 2:46 AM EDT
When the season ends or when it comes contract time, that one might feel like he went top corner with a slap shot. Or, maybe not.
Yandle scored late in the third period of Thursday’s game on a lazy dump-in from just outside the Wild blue line. The puck bounced off the glass, towards the Minnesota net, then off of Backstrom’s padding and in.
The lucky bounce got Phoenix to within two goals, however the Wild hung on for the 4-3 win.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54