Mar 1, 2013, 2:46 AM EDT
When the season ends or when it comes contract time, that one might feel like he went top corner with a slap shot. Or, maybe not.
Yandle scored late in the third period of Thursday’s game on a lazy dump-in from just outside the Wild blue line. The puck bounced off the glass, towards the Minnesota net, then off of Backstrom’s padding and in.
The lucky bounce got Phoenix to within two goals, however the Wild hung on for the 4-3 win.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)