Mar 1, 2013, 2:46 AM EDT
When the season ends or when it comes contract time, that one might feel like he went top corner with a slap shot. Or, maybe not.
Yandle scored late in the third period of Thursday’s game on a lazy dump-in from just outside the Wild blue line. The puck bounced off the glass, towards the Minnesota net, then off of Backstrom’s padding and in.
The lucky bounce got Phoenix to within two goals, however the Wild hung on for the 4-3 win.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5