Mar 1, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
The calendar has flipped over to March. The happiest, or most relieved, to kiss February goodbye would arguably be the San Jose Sharks.
After going 7-0 in January to begin the season, the Sharks sunk, winning just twice in 12 games in the month of February.
On Thursday night, it was a 2-1 shootout defeat to the Detroit Red Wings, who played the L.A. Kings the previous night.
“We’re fresh, and I didn’t like our energy level most of the night,” Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We looked a little lethargic and I don’t know what the reason is for that, but it’s something we’ve got to correct.”
Tuesday also marked the eighth time last month in which the Sharks were held to one goal or less in a game. Eight times in 12 games.
“It’s the same story every game,” Logan Couture told NHL.com.
“We have to find a way to score more goals. Personally and as a team, we have to find a way to put it into the back of the net. You’re not going to win many games scoring one goal, and we’ve found that out lately.”
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (147)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)