Mar 1, 2013, 6:00 AM EST
The calendar has flipped over to March. The happiest, or most relieved, to kiss February goodbye would arguably be the San Jose Sharks.
After going 7-0 in January to begin the season, the Sharks sunk, winning just twice in 12 games in the month of February.
On Thursday night, it was a 2-1 shootout defeat to the Detroit Red Wings, who played the L.A. Kings the previous night.
“We’re fresh, and I didn’t like our energy level most of the night,” Sharks head coach Todd McLellan told the San Jose Mercury News.
“We looked a little lethargic and I don’t know what the reason is for that, but it’s something we’ve got to correct.”
Tuesday also marked the eighth time last month in which the Sharks were held to one goal or less in a game. Eight times in 12 games.
“It’s the same story every game,” Logan Couture told NHL.com.
“We have to find a way to score more goals. Personally and as a team, we have to find a way to put it into the back of the net. You’re not going to win many games scoring one goal, and we’ve found that out lately.”
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)