Mar 1, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators got some good news on the injury front Friday as goalie Craig Anderson expanded his work in practice.
Anderson, who suffered sprained right ankle after colliding with Rangers forward Chris Kreider on Feb. 21, has missed Ottawa’s last four games — and it’ll be six games missed after this weekend, as he won’t face the Flyers on Saturday or the Isles on Sunday.
The 31-year-old ‘tender faced a few shots during Friday’s practice (seven, to be exact) and said he’s getting back into doing some normal hockey movements.
“I can skate, I can stop, I can push, I can do a lot of things that a forward can do,” Anderson told the Senators website. “I haven’t taken the step yet to see what a goalie can do.
“I think that’s going to be the next step is see how it is tomorrow [Saturday] and see if I can get into the butterfly at all.”
As for a timetable for return? Anderson doesn’t want to start picking dates on the calendar just yet.
“Nothing has been set in stone yet, we just kind of take it day by day and right now the progress is outstanding everyday,” he said. “Every day I can do more and more out there. That’s kind of where we’re at right now.”
Ben Bishop will get the start for Ottawa on Saturday against Philadelphia.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)