Mar 1, 2013, 6:57 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators got some good news on the injury front Friday as goalie Craig Anderson expanded his work in practice.
Anderson, who suffered sprained right ankle after colliding with Rangers forward Chris Kreider on Feb. 21, has missed Ottawa’s last four games — and it’ll be six games missed after this weekend, as he won’t face the Flyers on Saturday or the Isles on Sunday.
The 31-year-old ‘tender faced a few shots during Friday’s practice (seven, to be exact) and said he’s getting back into doing some normal hockey movements.
“I can skate, I can stop, I can push, I can do a lot of things that a forward can do,” Anderson told the Senators website. “I haven’t taken the step yet to see what a goalie can do.
“I think that’s going to be the next step is see how it is tomorrow [Saturday] and see if I can get into the butterfly at all.”
As for a timetable for return? Anderson doesn’t want to start picking dates on the calendar just yet.
“Nothing has been set in stone yet, we just kind of take it day by day and right now the progress is outstanding everyday,” he said. “Every day I can do more and more out there. That’s kind of where we’re at right now.”
Ben Bishop will get the start for Ottawa on Saturday against Philadelphia.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)