Mar 1, 2013, 2:13 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like defenseman Ian White is on the verge of returning to the Red Wings’ lineup.
White has been a healthy scratch the past two Detroit games — a 2-1 loss Wednesday in Los Angeles, followed by a 2-1 shootout win last night in San Jose.
Meanwhile, Wings coach Mike Babcock is liking what he’s seeing from his blue-liners.
“I liked the fact that the D was big,” Babcock said, per MLive.com. “They could skate and they went back and got pucks and paid the price to move it and get it out. Did we make some mistakes? Absolutely. But I thought it was the best group that we had all year.”
Even worse for White’s prospects of getting back into action, Carlo Colaiacovo (shoulder) could reportedly be cleared to play by Sunday.
White, 28, is in the final year of a two-year, $5.75 million contract.
Detroit hosts Chicago Sunday afternoon (on NBC).
May 19, 2013, 6:43 PM EDT
Boston with three unanswered goals.
May 19, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
Rest of the night didn’t go so well.
May 19, 2013, 5:51 PM EDT
New York trailed 2-0 in first-round series with Washington.
May 19, 2013, 5:28 PM EDT
Canucks’ captain scores twice. Where was that in the playoffs?
May 19, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
He escapes the league’s ire.
May 19, 2013, 4:14 PM EDT
Brad Marchand might want a do-over.
May 19, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
A pair of young players led the way.
May 19, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
Their youthful trio will play once again.
May 19, 2013, 2:04 PM EDT
He was a healthy scratch in Games 1 and 2.
May 19, 2013, 1:09 PM EDT
He could face league discipline.
May 19, 2013, 12:21 PM EDT
He played just 15:37 in Game 2.
May 19, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
The playoffs haven’t been kind.
May 19, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
A pivotal Game 3 awaits in Ottawa.
May 19, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Veteran d-man kept it mellow.
May 19, 2013, 8:38 AM EDT
“He screws it up.”
May 19, 2013, 12:44 AM EDT
Trevor Lewis doesn’t think it was a penalty.
May 19, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Logan Couture goes from injured to game-winner.
May 18, 2013, 11:27 PM EDT
His Halifax Mooseheads topped Seth Jones’ Portland Winterhawks.
May 18, 2013, 10:49 PM EDT
May 18, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
At least Scott Hannan’s OK?
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 14
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 62
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch live coverage of Penguins-Senators
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles
- Blue Jays-Yankees finale scrubbed by rain