Mar 1, 2013, 8:03 AM EST
So far, so good for Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin‘s recovery from a concussion.
The reigning Hart Trophy winner was on the ice for the second straight day on Thursday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
He also took to Twitter to share a video of him launching a puck into a bucket from the other end of the ice.
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma added that Malkin hasn’t experienced symptoms since the weekend.
The 26-year-old has missed the Pittsburgh Penguins last three games and still has some hurdles he needs to overcome before the Penguins can think about putting him back into the lineup.
Malkin can’t participate in contact drills until he gets medical clearance and he’ll need to pass a baseline test before he’s eligible to play.
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 17
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 74
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (75)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)