Mar 1, 2013, 8:03 AM EDT
So far, so good for Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin‘s recovery from a concussion.
The reigning Hart Trophy winner was on the ice for the second straight day on Thursday, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.
He also took to Twitter to share a video of him launching a puck into a bucket from the other end of the ice.
Penguins coach Dan Bylsma added that Malkin hasn’t experienced symptoms since the weekend.
The 26-year-old has missed the Pittsburgh Penguins last three games and still has some hurdles he needs to overcome before the Penguins can think about putting him back into the lineup.
Malkin can’t participate in contact drills until he gets medical clearance and he’ll need to pass a baseline test before he’s eligible to play.
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 6
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 51
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)