Mar 1, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Things seem to be going from bad to worse for Rick DiPietro.
On Friday, DiPietro, making his first appearance for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, allowed five goals on just 12 shots in the first period and was on the bench to start the second period.
Bridgeport lost the game 7-3 to the Connecticut Whale.
The past few weeks have seen DiPietro waved by the New York Islanders and eventually sent to Bridgeport of the American Hockey League. He also commented about contemplating suicide, although he later tried to clarify that his comments were facetious.
The Islanders released a statement earlier this week about the severity of DiPietro’s suicide remarks.
DiPietro still has eight years left on a 15-year contract worth $67.5 million with the New York Islanders. His NHL career has been severely stalled due to injuries and inconsistent play.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)