Mar 1, 2013, 10:56 PM EDT
Things seem to be going from bad to worse for Rick DiPietro.
On Friday, DiPietro, making his first appearance for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, allowed five goals on just 12 shots in the first period and was on the bench to start the second period.
Bridgeport lost the game 7-3 to the Connecticut Whale.
The past few weeks have seen DiPietro waved by the New York Islanders and eventually sent to Bridgeport of the American Hockey League. He also commented about contemplating suicide, although he later tried to clarify that his comments were facetious.
The Islanders released a statement earlier this week about the severity of DiPietro’s suicide remarks.
DiPietro still has eight years left on a 15-year contract worth $67.5 million with the New York Islanders. His NHL career has been severely stalled due to injuries and inconsistent play.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 37
- Getting clutch? Capitals reportedly sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 8
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 21
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)