Mar 1, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
The Mike Green health watch is on again. The Capitals’ defenseman has aggravated his groin injury and won’t travel to Winnipeg for Saturday’s game against the Jets, per the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“It’s concerning because of his past history,” head coach Adam Oates said, per CSNWashington.com. “We need to really get this correct.”
Oates added: “It’s the type of injury where you think you’re good until you get truly bumped.”
Green was forced to miss three games with recurring groin issues before suiting up for back-to-back contests this week.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” he declared Monday before playing 21:54 in a 3-0 victory over the Hurricanes on Tuesday. He then played 22:14 in Wednesday’s 4-1 loss to Philadelphia.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)