Mar 1, 2013, 12:08 PM EST
The Mike Green health watch is on again. The Capitals’ defenseman has aggravated his groin injury and won’t travel to Winnipeg for Saturday’s game against the Jets, per the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“It’s concerning because of his past history,” head coach Adam Oates said, per CSNWashington.com. “We need to really get this correct.”
Oates added: “It’s the type of injury where you think you’re good until you get truly bumped.”
Green was forced to miss three games with recurring groin issues before suiting up for back-to-back contests this week.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” he declared Monday before playing 21:54 in a 3-0 victory over the Hurricanes on Tuesday. He then played 22:14 in Wednesday’s 4-1 loss to Philadelphia.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)