Mar 1, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
The Mike Green health watch is on again. The Capitals’ defenseman has aggravated his groin injury and won’t travel to Winnipeg for Saturday’s game against the Jets, per the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“It’s concerning because of his past history,” head coach Adam Oates said, per CSNWashington.com. “We need to really get this correct.”
Oates added: “It’s the type of injury where you think you’re good until you get truly bumped.”
Green was forced to miss three games with recurring groin issues before suiting up for back-to-back contests this week.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” he declared Monday before playing 21:54 in a 3-0 victory over the Hurricanes on Tuesday. He then played 22:14 in Wednesday’s 4-1 loss to Philadelphia.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 3
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)