Mar 1, 2013, 12:08 PM EST
The Mike Green health watch is on again. The Capitals’ defenseman has aggravated his groin injury and won’t travel to Winnipeg for Saturday’s game against the Jets, per the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“It’s concerning because of his past history,” head coach Adam Oates said, per CSNWashington.com. “We need to really get this correct.”
Oates added: “It’s the type of injury where you think you’re good until you get truly bumped.”
Green was forced to miss three games with recurring groin issues before suiting up for back-to-back contests this week.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” he declared Monday before playing 21:54 in a 3-0 victory over the Hurricanes on Tuesday. He then played 22:14 in Wednesday’s 4-1 loss to Philadelphia.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)