Mar 1, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
The Mike Green health watch is on again. The Capitals’ defenseman has aggravated his groin injury and won’t travel to Winnipeg for Saturday’s game against the Jets, per the Washington Post’s Katie Carrera.
“It’s concerning because of his past history,” head coach Adam Oates said, per CSNWashington.com. “We need to really get this correct.”
Oates added: “It’s the type of injury where you think you’re good until you get truly bumped.”
Green was forced to miss three games with recurring groin issues before suiting up for back-to-back contests this week.
“I’m 100 percent and ready to go,” he declared Monday before playing 21:54 in a 3-0 victory over the Hurricanes on Tuesday. He then played 22:14 in Wednesday’s 4-1 loss to Philadelphia.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)