Mar 1, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils enjoyed a strong start to the season, but they’ve lost five of their last six games and all three contests since future Hall of Fame goaltender Martin Brodeur suffered a back injury.
Over the last two weeks, New Jersey has slipped from first in the Eastern Conference to seventh, so there’s some added pressure going into its two-game road trip. Still, Brodeur’s understudy, goaltender Johan Hedberg doesn’t seem to think major adjustments are needed, based on a Star-Ledger report.
“If we keep doing what we were doing a lot of the time tonight, we’re going to get it,” Hedberg said in reference to Thursday’s 3-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets.
“It’s funny. When things are going your way, the puck finds a way in. When they don’t, it doesn’t.
“It’s going to change. We just have to battle hard and work as hard as we can. Our luck is going to turn for us.”
The Devils will play in Buffalo on Saturday. The Sabres are looking to dig themselves out of a rather deep hole and have started the process by winning their last two games.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)