Mar 1, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
The New Jersey Devils enjoyed a strong start to the season, but they’ve lost five of their last six games and all three contests since future Hall of Fame goaltender Martin Brodeur suffered a back injury.
Over the last two weeks, New Jersey has slipped from first in the Eastern Conference to seventh, so there’s some added pressure going into its two-game road trip. Still, Brodeur’s understudy, goaltender Johan Hedberg doesn’t seem to think major adjustments are needed, based on a Star-Ledger report.
“If we keep doing what we were doing a lot of the time tonight, we’re going to get it,” Hedberg said in reference to Thursday’s 3-1 loss to the Winnipeg Jets.
“It’s funny. When things are going your way, the puck finds a way in. When they don’t, it doesn’t.
“It’s going to change. We just have to battle hard and work as hard as we can. Our luck is going to turn for us.”
The Devils will play in Buffalo on Saturday. The Sabres are looking to dig themselves out of a rather deep hole and have started the process by winning their last two games.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)