Mar 1, 2013, 2:49 PM EST
The Calgary Flames have recalled newly acquired forward Brian McGrattan from AHL Abbotsford and reassigned forward Akim Aliu back to the farm.
The Flames got McGrattan in a trade with the Predators yesterday for minor-league defenseman Joe Piskula.
The move to acquire a player of McGrattan’s ilk didn’t come as a surprise after Calgary goalie Joey MacDonald was run over last week by the King’s Trevor Lewis, drawing little response from the Flames.
“They ran our goalie,” said head coach Bob Hartley. “There was no consequences to this, and that’s just not acceptable.”
Calgary — coming off a disastrous 5-4 loss last night in Colorado, a game the Flames led 3-0 after one period — hosts Vancouver Sunday.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)