Mar 1, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames have recalled newly acquired forward Brian McGrattan from AHL Abbotsford and reassigned forward Akim Aliu back to the farm.
The Flames got McGrattan in a trade with the Predators yesterday for minor-league defenseman Joe Piskula.
The move to acquire a player of McGrattan’s ilk didn’t come as a surprise after Calgary goalie Joey MacDonald was run over last week by the King’s Trevor Lewis, drawing little response from the Flames.
“They ran our goalie,” said head coach Bob Hartley. “There was no consequences to this, and that’s just not acceptable.”
Calgary — coming off a disastrous 5-4 loss last night in Colorado, a game the Flames led 3-0 after one period — hosts Vancouver Sunday.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)