Mar 1, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames have recalled newly acquired forward Brian McGrattan from AHL Abbotsford and reassigned forward Akim Aliu back to the farm.
The Flames got McGrattan in a trade with the Predators yesterday for minor-league defenseman Joe Piskula.
The move to acquire a player of McGrattan’s ilk didn’t come as a surprise after Calgary goalie Joey MacDonald was run over last week by the King’s Trevor Lewis, drawing little response from the Flames.
“They ran our goalie,” said head coach Bob Hartley. “There was no consequences to this, and that’s just not acceptable.”
Calgary — coming off a disastrous 5-4 loss last night in Colorado, a game the Flames led 3-0 after one period — hosts Vancouver Sunday.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 28
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 51
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)