Mar 1, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames have recalled newly acquired forward Brian McGrattan from AHL Abbotsford and reassigned forward Akim Aliu back to the farm.
The Flames got McGrattan in a trade with the Predators yesterday for minor-league defenseman Joe Piskula.
The move to acquire a player of McGrattan’s ilk didn’t come as a surprise after Calgary goalie Joey MacDonald was run over last week by the King’s Trevor Lewis, drawing little response from the Flames.
“They ran our goalie,” said head coach Bob Hartley. “There was no consequences to this, and that’s just not acceptable.”
Calgary — coming off a disastrous 5-4 loss last night in Colorado, a game the Flames led 3-0 after one period — hosts Vancouver Sunday.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)