Mar 1, 2013, 2:49 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames have recalled newly acquired forward Brian McGrattan from AHL Abbotsford and reassigned forward Akim Aliu back to the farm.
The Flames got McGrattan in a trade with the Predators yesterday for minor-league defenseman Joe Piskula.
The move to acquire a player of McGrattan’s ilk didn’t come as a surprise after Calgary goalie Joey MacDonald was run over last week by the King’s Trevor Lewis, drawing little response from the Flames.
“They ran our goalie,” said head coach Bob Hartley. “There was no consequences to this, and that’s just not acceptable.”
Calgary — coming off a disastrous 5-4 loss last night in Colorado, a game the Flames led 3-0 after one period — hosts Vancouver Sunday.
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 2
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 16
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)