Mar 1, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman it will be a fine hearing, meaning Benn’s in line to be dinged for $5,000 or more.
The incident occurred with four minutes remaining in the third period, with the Oilers comfortably ahead 5-1. Benn was given a major for cross checking and a game misconduct when he decked Jones from behind near the Stars bench:
Jones had previously bumped Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen while driving to the net.
After the game, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan said he figured the cross check would be reviewed by NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan.
“I’m sure they’re going to look at it,” he told NHL.com. “They look at any fives.
“It’s not a suspendable offense in my mind. Not a high hit or a head hit.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)