Mar 1, 2013, 4:26 PM EST
UPDATE: According to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman it will be a fine hearing, meaning Benn’s in line to be dinged for $5,000 or more.
The incident occurred with four minutes remaining in the third period, with the Oilers comfortably ahead 5-1. Benn was given a major for cross checking and a game misconduct when he decked Jones from behind near the Stars bench:
Jones had previously bumped Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen while driving to the net.
After the game, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan said he figured the cross check would be reviewed by NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan.
“I’m sure they’re going to look at it,” he told NHL.com. “They look at any fives.
“It’s not a suspendable offense in my mind. Not a high hit or a head hit.”
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)