Mar 1, 2013, 4:26 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to CBC’s Elliotte Friedman it will be a fine hearing, meaning Benn’s in line to be dinged for $5,000 or more.
The incident occurred with four minutes remaining in the third period, with the Oilers comfortably ahead 5-1. Benn was given a major for cross checking and a game misconduct when he decked Jones from behind near the Stars bench:
Jones had previously bumped Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen while driving to the net.
After the game, Stars head coach Glen Gulutzan said he figured the cross check would be reviewed by NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan.
“I’m sure they’re going to look at it,” he told NHL.com. “They look at any fives.
“It’s not a suspendable offense in my mind. Not a high hit or a head hit.”
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 14
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)