Mar 1, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
After losing forward Aaron Volpatti to waivers yesterday, the Vancouver Canucks turned around and claimed forward Tom Sestito off waivers from the Flyers today.
The two players are similar in that they both like to hit and don’t mind dropping the gloves.
Sestito, 25, has played 34 career NHL games with Columbus and Philadelphia and has four goals, three assists and 159 PIM.
“I’ll bring physical presence, fight if I have to and chip in some goals in Vancouver,” he told CKWX.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3