Mar 1, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
After losing forward Aaron Volpatti to waivers yesterday, the Vancouver Canucks turned around and claimed forward Tom Sestito off waivers from the Flyers today.
The two players are similar in that they both like to hit and don’t mind dropping the gloves.
Sestito, 25, has played 34 career NHL games with Columbus and Philadelphia and has four goals, three assists and 159 PIM.
“I’ll bring physical presence, fight if I have to and chip in some goals in Vancouver,” he told CKWX.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 31
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 52
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 25
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 24
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (77)