Mar 1, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
After losing forward Aaron Volpatti to waivers yesterday, the Vancouver Canucks turned around and claimed forward Tom Sestito off waivers from the Flyers today.
The two players are similar in that they both like to hit and don’t mind dropping the gloves.
Sestito, 25, has played 34 career NHL games with Columbus and Philadelphia and has four goals, three assists and 159 PIM.
“I’ll bring physical presence, fight if I have to and chip in some goals in Vancouver,” he told CKWX.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)