Mar 1, 2013, 12:32 PM EDT
After losing forward Aaron Volpatti to waivers yesterday, the Vancouver Canucks turned around and claimed forward Tom Sestito off waivers from the Flyers today.
The two players are similar in that they both like to hit and don’t mind dropping the gloves.
Sestito, 25, has played 34 career NHL games with Columbus and Philadelphia and has four goals, three assists and 159 PIM.
“I’ll bring physical presence, fight if I have to and chip in some goals in Vancouver,” he told CKWX.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 17
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 13
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 4
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 25
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)