Mar 1, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
It’s becoming old news. Or is it?
The Chicago Blackhawks defeated the St. Louis Blues 3-0 on Thursday night, extending their streak to 20 games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 season. Their overall undefeated streak dates back to last March and is now at 26 games long.
That puts them just behind the second longest such streak, which recorded by the 1977-78 Montreal Canadiens, and nine back of the all-time longest streak, achieved by the Philadelphia Flyers in 1979-80.
Jonathan Toews scored twice for Chicago, including a goal 12 seconds into the game. The Blackhawks had to face some adversity, as well. Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game at the end of the first period with an upper body injury and is day-to-day.
“We have thick skin,” Toews told the Chicago Tribune.
“Whether there’s momentum going against us or a call we didn’t like or any sort of adversity that might get in our way, we’ve always been positive and stuck with it. We’ve been hungry and determined to win every single game.”
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)