Mar 1, 2013, 1:00 AM EST
It’s becoming old news. Or is it?
The Chicago Blackhawks defeated the St. Louis Blues 3-0 on Thursday night, extending their streak to 20 games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 season. Their overall undefeated streak dates back to last March and is now at 26 games long.
That puts them just behind the second longest such streak, which recorded by the 1977-78 Montreal Canadiens, and nine back of the all-time longest streak, achieved by the Philadelphia Flyers in 1979-80.
Jonathan Toews scored twice for Chicago, including a goal 12 seconds into the game. The Blackhawks had to face some adversity, as well. Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game at the end of the first period with an upper body injury and is day-to-day.
“We have thick skin,” Toews told the Chicago Tribune.
“Whether there’s momentum going against us or a call we didn’t like or any sort of adversity that might get in our way, we’ve always been positive and stuck with it. We’ve been hungry and determined to win every single game.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)