Mar 1, 2013, 1:00 AM EDT
It’s becoming old news. Or is it?
The Chicago Blackhawks defeated the St. Louis Blues 3-0 on Thursday night, extending their streak to 20 games without a regulation loss to begin the 2013 season. Their overall undefeated streak dates back to last March and is now at 26 games long.
That puts them just behind the second longest such streak, which recorded by the 1977-78 Montreal Canadiens, and nine back of the all-time longest streak, achieved by the Philadelphia Flyers in 1979-80.
Jonathan Toews scored twice for Chicago, including a goal 12 seconds into the game. The Blackhawks had to face some adversity, as well. Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game at the end of the first period with an upper body injury and is day-to-day.
“We have thick skin,” Toews told the Chicago Tribune.
“Whether there’s momentum going against us or a call we didn’t like or any sort of adversity that might get in our way, we’ve always been positive and stuck with it. We’ve been hungry and determined to win every single game.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)