Mar 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their incredible start, pushing their undefeated-in-regulation streak to 20 games to start the 2013 regular season.
But it wasn’t all good news.
Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game after the first period due to injury. Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Sun-Times it was an “upper body injury” and that Crawford would be day-to-day.
The video below shows Crawford leaving the Blackhawks net at the end of the period. He appeared to be favouring his left arm.
Despite leaving the game, Crawford was still credited with the win, as the Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues 3-0.
Crawford made six saves. Ray Emery, who came into the game to start the second period, stopped all 15 shots he faced.
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 10
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 36
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)