Mar 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their incredible start, pushing their undefeated-in-regulation streak to 20 games to start the 2013 regular season.
But it wasn’t all good news.
Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game after the first period due to injury. Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Sun-Times it was an “upper body injury” and that Crawford would be day-to-day.
The video below shows Crawford leaving the Blackhawks net at the end of the period. He appeared to be favouring his left arm.
Despite leaving the game, Crawford was still credited with the win, as the Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues 3-0.
Crawford made six saves. Ray Emery, who came into the game to start the second period, stopped all 15 shots he faced.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)