Mar 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EDT
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their incredible start, pushing their undefeated-in-regulation streak to 20 games to start the 2013 regular season.
But it wasn’t all good news.
Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game after the first period due to injury. Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Sun-Times it was an “upper body injury” and that Crawford would be day-to-day.
The video below shows Crawford leaving the Blackhawks net at the end of the period. He appeared to be favouring his left arm.
Despite leaving the game, Crawford was still credited with the win, as the Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues 3-0.
Crawford made six saves. Ray Emery, who came into the game to start the second period, stopped all 15 shots he faced.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)