Mar 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their incredible start, pushing their undefeated-in-regulation streak to 20 games to start the 2013 regular season.
But it wasn’t all good news.
Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game after the first period due to injury. Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Sun-Times it was an “upper body injury” and that Crawford would be day-to-day.
The video below shows Crawford leaving the Blackhawks net at the end of the period. He appeared to be favouring his left arm.
Despite leaving the game, Crawford was still credited with the win, as the Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues 3-0.
Crawford made six saves. Ray Emery, who came into the game to start the second period, stopped all 15 shots he faced.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)