Mar 1, 2013, 12:00 AM EST
The Chicago Blackhawks continued their incredible start, pushing their undefeated-in-regulation streak to 20 games to start the 2013 regular season.
But it wasn’t all good news.
Goaltender Corey Crawford left the game after the first period due to injury. Blackhawks head coach Joel Quenneville told the Chicago Sun-Times it was an “upper body injury” and that Crawford would be day-to-day.
The video below shows Crawford leaving the Blackhawks net at the end of the period. He appeared to be favouring his left arm.
Despite leaving the game, Crawford was still credited with the win, as the Blackhawks beat the St. Louis Blues 3-0.
Crawford made six saves. Ray Emery, who came into the game to start the second period, stopped all 15 shots he faced.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 20
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 33
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 29
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 48
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 16
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)