Say hello to MotorSportsTalk, the latest addition to NBC Sports

Feb 28, 2013, 8:40 PM EDT

Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach - Day 3 Getty Images

A bit off-topic in terms of hockey news, but very relevant in the world of NBCSports.com — a new site, MotorSportsTalk, has been launched and is up and running with all the latest F1, IndyCar and NASCAR news.

The site features a quartet of experienced writers in the motor sports field: Keith Collantine, creator of F1 Fanatic; Luke Smith, creator of Richland F1; Tony DiZinnio, web editor of Racer Magazine and Chris Estrada, who launched the Indy Racing Revolution site.

So, the relevant information:

– Check out the site here.

– Learn more about the site here.

– Follow MotorSportsTalk on Twitter here.

– Follow Keith here, Luke here, Tony here and Chris here.

Go visit and say hello, but try not to turn their comments section into a flame war between Flyers and Penguins fans. YOU BE NICE OVER THERE, OK?

1. billsysabres - Feb 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I believe this is in the wrong category

2. ethanmacleod1685 - Feb 28, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Meh!

3. steelers88 - Feb 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I really don’t CARE! I absolutely HATE motor sports.

4. mrpickled - Feb 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Totally worthless!

5. mrpickled - Feb 28, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Even worse than the soccer and Olympic feeds!

6. sharksfan754 - Feb 28, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Good! I could use another buffer between pht and “inside the Irish.”

7. murtdurt - Feb 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I can only imagine what these articles will be like. “Danika riding the pole” “Jeff Gordon drove his car…in a circle…400 times!!!” NASCAR is the absolute worst ‘sport’ in North America I’d rather watch bowling. Or cricket. Or paint drying.

8. mattybo - Feb 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM

One step closer to MotorBoatTalk, NBC’s titty fetish site.

9. ml3939 - Feb 28, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Have they been advised to goad Flyers and Penguins fans into wars?

10. barroomhero80 - Feb 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

NASCAR and the likes suck ass

11. Mike Halford - Feb 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM

This is actually better than what I figured we’d be getting in response.

12. lroc20 - Feb 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Rednecks read?

13. jimw81 - Feb 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Pens suck

• murtdurt - Feb 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM

So do the flyers.

14. blomfeld - Feb 28, 2013 at 11:51 PM

A BUNCH OF CAUCASIANS DRIVING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT ?

I can’t claim to know anything about the sport, however I do wish this new NBC endeavor and it’s followers nothing but the very best! As a mature Caucasian male driver myself, like many others I too have had my own fair share of “harrowing” vehicular experiences during my time and fortunately I’m still here today to talk about it. So while I do wish these people well, my advise for them would be to “ease off the pedal” a little man, as life is simply too short to risk “everything” for the amusement of others. God speed to you friends and take care out there.

• lostpuppysyndrome - Mar 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

2 things: 1) Lewis Hamilton? 2) You say to “ease off the pedal” but enjoy a sport in which fighting, hitting, and taking 90-100+ mph puck shots are important, if not essential parts of the game. Pot calling the kettle black, mayhaps? No need for hostilities, just pointing out the inconsistencies.

• blomfeld - Mar 1, 2013 at 8:38 PM

“Steel, concrete and excessive speed” inevitably leads to only one thing … darkness !

Not a problem friend, as there’s indeed some hypocrisy involved for someone like me to love hockey, yet frown upon motor sport … to each his own I guess? The thing is however, that at 200 mph you’re completely “powerless” at the mercy of physics should something go awry, whereas with hockey you can at least retain some personal control over your predicament, regardless of the situation. Nonetheless, I wish the best for all lovers of auto racing.

15. phillyphannn83 - Mar 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM

EVERYTHING comes down to Flyers vs. Pens, Mike. You know that! :-)

16. lostpuppysyndrome - Mar 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I’m all for it, Mike, EXCEPT THERE’S NO MOTOGP, WORLD SUPERBIKE, RALLY CAR, SCCA TRANS-AM, OR AMERICAN LE MANS COVERAGE.

17. rodeoclowndc - Mar 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Coverage will consist of:
    1. NASCAR
    2. NASCAR
    3. NASCAR
    4. NASCAR for Chicks (the Pink Camo edition)
    5. More NASCAR
    6. IndyCar (assuming the series doesn’t allow the nepotistic leadership to blow it up first)
    7. Even More NASCAR
    8. NASCAR in a foreign language (such as English)
    9. NASCAR for Kids (with coloring pages – for those who traded their food stamps for a printer)
    10. F1 (for those who bought their laptop at Best Buy rather than WalMart)

18. pwilson264 - Mar 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

nascar the natural sleep aid ZZZZZZ

Bettman hears the boos in Philly
Top 10 NHL Player Searches