Feb 28, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning ran out of electricity in a 4-1 loss to the New York Rangers Thursday night, leaving their star and the NHL’s leader in points and goals Steven Stamkos to call his team’s performance “embarrassing.”
Rick Nash, who missed the last four games due to injury, scored and added an assist in his return to the Rangers lineup.
“I felt okay,” Nash told The Star-Ledger. “My timing was a bit off, my wind wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be. The main thing was we got two points, that’s all that matters.”
But news travels fast in the Twitter world.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5