Feb 28, 2013, 11:33 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning ran out of electricity in a 4-1 loss to the New York Rangers Thursday night, leaving their star and the NHL’s leader in points and goals Steven Stamkos to call his team’s performance “embarrassing.”
Rick Nash, who missed the last four games due to injury, scored and added an assist in his return to the Rangers lineup.
“I felt okay,” Nash told The Star-Ledger. “My timing was a bit off, my wind wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be. The main thing was we got two points, that’s all that matters.”
But news travels fast in the Twitter world.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 6
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 7
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18