Feb 28, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
The Stars made a pair of moves prior to Erik Cole‘s Dallas debut on Thursday night.
First, the club put forward Tom Wandell on waivers.
Wandell, 26, had been with AHL Texas 0n a conditioning assignment. He’s appeared in just seven games with Dallas this season, recording no points with a minus-2 rating.
The Swedish forward was an RFA last summer and accepted a one-year, $892,500 deal to stick with the Stars.
Wandell has spent his entire career with the Dallas organization after being drafted in 2005, emerging as a solid bottom-six checking forward over the last two seasons. The Swedish center tied a career-high with 15 points last year.
The Stars also assigned 22-year-old forward Matt Fraser to Texas.
Fraser’s appeared in two games this season with Dallas, and recorded one point with a plus-2 rating. He recorded his first NHL goal against Nashville, and will now return to the club he represented at the 2013 AHL All-Star Game.
Fraser leads Texas in points this year, with 35.
Dec 21, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
It’s believed that he was hurt on Thursday.
Dec 21, 2013, 11:11 AM EST
It’s a two-year deal.
Dec 21, 2013, 10:26 AM EST
He leads American-born goaltenders in GAA and save percentage.
Dec 21, 2013, 9:41 AM EST
They’ll preview the Winter Classic tonight.
Dec 21, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
Oilers coach Dallas Eakins also raised the issue with the officials.
Dec 20, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
The latest round in one of the league’s great rivalries.
Dec 20, 2013, 10:54 PM EST
Winnipeg beat Florida 5-2.
Dec 20, 2013, 10:19 PM EST
The Rangers lost to the Islanders 5-3 on Friday.
Dec 20, 2013, 10:02 PM EST
He had about 100 loved ones on hand in New Jersey.
Dec 20, 2013, 9:48 PM EST
He managed the feat in 634 games.
Dec 20, 2013, 9:17 PM EST
A little improvement everyday for St. Louis’ captain.
Dec 20, 2013, 8:38 PM EST
His game misconduct hasn’t been rescinded, though.
Dec 20, 2013, 8:14 PM EST
They’re marketing it as “Back in Black.”
Dec 20, 2013, 7:53 PM EST
Reports indicate there was knee-to-knee contact with Mark Fistric.
Dec 20, 2013, 7:22 PM EST
The Bruins forward’s argument lasted five hours, per TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Dec 20, 2013, 6:39 PM EST
The Predators insist there haven’t been setbacks, though.
Dec 20, 2013, 5:12 PM EST
“It’s just going to take time,” said general manager Don Maloney.
Dec 20, 2013, 5:09 PM EST
“The replay shows I’m trying to get out of the way.”
Dec 20, 2013, 4:31 PM EST
“I think last night’s game is going to stick with me for a while,” coach Todd Richards said.
Dec 20, 2013, 4:07 PM EST
The play of 19-year-old Olli Maatta has helped the Penguins keep rolling.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 16
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 35
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 7
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 70
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 66
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 33
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (104)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)