Feb 28, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The Stars made a pair of moves prior to Erik Cole‘s Dallas debut on Thursday night.
First, the club put forward Tom Wandell on waivers.
Wandell, 26, had been with AHL Texas 0n a conditioning assignment. He’s appeared in just seven games with Dallas this season, recording no points with a minus-2 rating.
The Swedish forward was an RFA last summer and accepted a one-year, $892,500 deal to stick with the Stars.
Wandell has spent his entire career with the Dallas organization after being drafted in 2005, emerging as a solid bottom-six checking forward over the last two seasons. The Swedish center tied a career-high with 15 points last year.
The Stars also assigned 22-year-old forward Matt Fraser to Texas.
Fraser’s appeared in two games this season with Dallas, and recorded one point with a plus-2 rating. He recorded his first NHL goal against Nashville, and will now return to the club he represented at the 2013 AHL All-Star Game.
Fraser leads Texas in points this year, with 35.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)