Feb 28, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The Stars made a pair of moves prior to Erik Cole‘s Dallas debut on Thursday night.
First, the club put forward Tom Wandell on waivers.
Wandell, 26, had been with AHL Texas 0n a conditioning assignment. He’s appeared in just seven games with Dallas this season, recording no points with a minus-2 rating.
The Swedish forward was an RFA last summer and accepted a one-year, $892,500 deal to stick with the Stars.
Wandell has spent his entire career with the Dallas organization after being drafted in 2005, emerging as a solid bottom-six checking forward over the last two seasons. The Swedish center tied a career-high with 15 points last year.
The Stars also assigned 22-year-old forward Matt Fraser to Texas.
Fraser’s appeared in two games this season with Dallas, and recorded one point with a plus-2 rating. He recorded his first NHL goal against Nashville, and will now return to the club he represented at the 2013 AHL All-Star Game.
Fraser leads Texas in points this year, with 35.
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 4
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 6
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 12
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 32
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 36
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 24
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)