Feb 28, 2013, 4:19 PM EDT
The Stars made a pair of moves prior to Erik Cole‘s Dallas debut on Thursday night.
First, the club put forward Tom Wandell on waivers.
Wandell, 26, had been with AHL Texas 0n a conditioning assignment. He’s appeared in just seven games with Dallas this season, recording no points with a minus-2 rating.
The Swedish forward was an RFA last summer and accepted a one-year, $892,500 deal to stick with the Stars.
Wandell has spent his entire career with the Dallas organization after being drafted in 2005, emerging as a solid bottom-six checking forward over the last two seasons. The Swedish center tied a career-high with 15 points last year.
The Stars also assigned 22-year-old forward Matt Fraser to Texas.
Fraser’s appeared in two games this season with Dallas, and recorded one point with a plus-2 rating. He recorded his first NHL goal against Nashville, and will now return to the club he represented at the 2013 AHL All-Star Game.
Fraser leads Texas in points this year, with 35.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17