Feb 28, 2013, 4:19 PM EST
The Stars made a pair of moves prior to Erik Cole‘s Dallas debut on Thursday night.
First, the club put forward Tom Wandell on waivers.
Wandell, 26, had been with AHL Texas 0n a conditioning assignment. He’s appeared in just seven games with Dallas this season, recording no points with a minus-2 rating.
The Swedish forward was an RFA last summer and accepted a one-year, $892,500 deal to stick with the Stars.
Wandell has spent his entire career with the Dallas organization after being drafted in 2005, emerging as a solid bottom-six checking forward over the last two seasons. The Swedish center tied a career-high with 15 points last year.
The Stars also assigned 22-year-old forward Matt Fraser to Texas.
Fraser’s appeared in two games this season with Dallas, and recorded one point with a plus-2 rating. He recorded his first NHL goal against Nashville, and will now return to the club he represented at the 2013 AHL All-Star Game.
Fraser leads Texas in points this year, with 35.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 4
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54