Feb 28, 2013, 6:53 PM EST
The Colorado Avalanche have responded to Thursday’s big news that Calgary has signed restricted free agent center Ryan O’Reilly to an offer sheet.
It’s not much, but here it is, courtesy the Avs website:
“The Avalanche organization was notified of the offer sheet earlier this afternoon. Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, in the case of an offer sheet, NHL teams have seven days to either match the offer or accept compensation.
“The Avalanche will have further comments when a decision is made.”
One interesting thing to note — nowhere on the page do the words “Ryan” or “O’Reilly” actually appear.
Here’s a screen capture:
Calgary’s offer is reportedly for two years with an average annual value of $5 million. O’Reilly, 22, would have a salary of $1 million for this season, plus a $2.5 million signing bonus. Next season, he would be paid $6.5 million.
O’Reilly has been unable to negotiate a new contract with the Colorado Avalanche after leading the club with 55 points in 2011-12. He had been plying his trade with KHL club Metallurg, but terminated his contract with the team in late January.
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 0
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 28
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)