Feb 28, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have responded to Thursday’s big news that Calgary has signed restricted free agent center Ryan O’Reilly to an offer sheet.
It’s not much, but here it is, courtesy the Avs website:
“The Avalanche organization was notified of the offer sheet earlier this afternoon. Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, in the case of an offer sheet, NHL teams have seven days to either match the offer or accept compensation.
“The Avalanche will have further comments when a decision is made.”
One interesting thing to note — nowhere on the page do the words “Ryan” or “O’Reilly” actually appear.
Here’s a screen capture:
Calgary’s offer is reportedly for two years with an average annual value of $5 million. O’Reilly, 22, would have a salary of $1 million for this season, plus a $2.5 million signing bonus. Next season, he would be paid $6.5 million.
O’Reilly has been unable to negotiate a new contract with the Colorado Avalanche after leading the club with 55 points in 2011-12. He had been plying his trade with KHL club Metallurg, but terminated his contract with the team in late January.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 8
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 9
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 27
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)