Feb 28, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have responded to Thursday’s big news that Calgary has signed restricted free agent center Ryan O’Reilly to an offer sheet.
It’s not much, but here it is, courtesy the Avs website:
“The Avalanche organization was notified of the offer sheet earlier this afternoon. Per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, in the case of an offer sheet, NHL teams have seven days to either match the offer or accept compensation.
“The Avalanche will have further comments when a decision is made.”
One interesting thing to note — nowhere on the page do the words “Ryan” or “O’Reilly” actually appear.
Here’s a screen capture:
Calgary’s offer is reportedly for two years with an average annual value of $5 million. O’Reilly, 22, would have a salary of $1 million for this season, plus a $2.5 million signing bonus. Next season, he would be paid $6.5 million.
O’Reilly has been unable to negotiate a new contract with the Colorado Avalanche after leading the club with 55 points in 2011-12. He had been plying his trade with KHL club Metallurg, but terminated his contract with the team in late January.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)