Feb 28, 2013, 12:22 PM EST
Apparently, the Washington Capitals had other ideas. Today, the Caps claimed the tough forward.
Volpatti has one goal in 16 games this season and was second on the Canucks with 42 hits. The 27-year-old fourth-liner has also fought four times.
For Caps fans looking for more in-depth analysis, the Edmonton Journal has a good statistical breakdown of Volpatti’s game.
For Caps fans looking for less in-depth analysis, here’s Volpatti knocking out Brad Winchester with one punch:
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 34
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 49
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 17
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 33
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 49
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 50
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 67
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)