Feb 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Talk about your speedy recoveries.
Just one week after a scary collision that sent him to hospital, Columbus forward Artem Anisimov is likely to return to the lineup Friday when the Jackets travel to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
“It looks like he’s going to be in the lineup,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “We still have the morning skate but I’m planning on him playing.”
Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov spent the night at Detroit Medical Center and flew back to Columbus on Friday.
According to the Dispatch, he skated on a line with wingers Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson today, saying he felt good, but wanted to wait for tomorrow’ morning skate before declaring himself fit to return.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)