Feb 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Talk about your speedy recoveries.
Just one week after a scary collision that sent him to hospital, Columbus forward Artem Anisimov is likely to return to the lineup Friday when the Jackets travel to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
“It looks like he’s going to be in the lineup,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “We still have the morning skate but I’m planning on him playing.”
Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov spent the night at Detroit Medical Center and flew back to Columbus on Friday.
According to the Dispatch, he skated on a line with wingers Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson today, saying he felt good, but wanted to wait for tomorrow’ morning skate before declaring himself fit to return.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 9
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)