Feb 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Talk about your speedy recoveries.
Just one week after a scary collision that sent him to hospital, Columbus forward Artem Anisimov is likely to return to the lineup Friday when the Jackets travel to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
“It looks like he’s going to be in the lineup,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “We still have the morning skate but I’m planning on him playing.”
Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov spent the night at Detroit Medical Center and flew back to Columbus on Friday.
According to the Dispatch, he skated on a line with wingers Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson today, saying he felt good, but wanted to wait for tomorrow’ morning skate before declaring himself fit to return.
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 6
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63