Feb 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EDT
Talk about your speedy recoveries.
Just one week after a scary collision that sent him to hospital, Columbus forward Artem Anisimov is likely to return to the lineup Friday when the Jackets travel to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
“It looks like he’s going to be in the lineup,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “We still have the morning skate but I’m planning on him playing.”
Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov spent the night at Detroit Medical Center and flew back to Columbus on Friday.
According to the Dispatch, he skated on a line with wingers Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson today, saying he felt good, but wanted to wait for tomorrow’ morning skate before declaring himself fit to return.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 56
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 26
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 45
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 31
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (59)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)