Feb 28, 2013, 9:35 PM EST
Talk about your speedy recoveries.
Just one week after a scary collision that sent him to hospital, Columbus forward Artem Anisimov is likely to return to the lineup Friday when the Jackets travel to Chicago to take on the Blackhawks.
“It looks like he’s going to be in the lineup,” Blue Jackets coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch. “We still have the morning skate but I’m planning on him playing.”
Anisimov tripped over White and fell to the ice and, as he was falling, Quincey also tumbled to the ice and his elbow came down on Anismov’s head.
The end result was a frightening scene, captured here:
Anisimov spent the night at Detroit Medical Center and flew back to Columbus on Friday.
According to the Dispatch, he skated on a line with wingers Matt Calvert and Cam Atkinson today, saying he felt good, but wanted to wait for tomorrow’ morning skate before declaring himself fit to return.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)