Feb 27, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock appears to be sending a message to veteran defenseman Ian White.
Per the Red Wings’ Twitter account, White will be a healthy scratch tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings.
White has one goal and one assist in 14 games. The 28-year-old was minus-2 in Saturday’s 8-3 victory over Vancouver and is a combined minus-6 in his last six games.
White missed five games earlier this season with a left leg laceration that required surgery.
Update: Here’s more, from MLive.com’s Ansar Khan…
Ian White said he was surprised to be a healthy scratch tonight, Said he’s frustrated and upset by it.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 27, 2013
- Video: Letang practices, says his goal is to return this season 4
- Who has the best and worst special teams in the NHL? 17
- Report: NHL pondering more draft lottery changes 13
- Playoff bubble watch — Stars edition 3
- Playoff race update: Jets smash Stars, muddy West picture 10
- Rangers foiled by Sharks’ Niemi, controversial no-goal 23
- Blues’ Tarasenko will undergo hand surgery, out at least six weeks 8
- Help’s on the way: Letang, Bennett cleared for practices 10
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series 59
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 4
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Penguins rally falls short as Flyers sweep weekend series (59)