Feb 27, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock appears to be sending a message to veteran defenseman Ian White.
Per the Red Wings’ Twitter account, White will be a healthy scratch tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings.
White has one goal and one assist in 14 games. The 28-year-old was minus-2 in Saturday’s 8-3 victory over Vancouver and is a combined minus-6 in his last six games.
White missed five games earlier this season with a left leg laceration that required surgery.
Update: Here’s more, from MLive.com’s Ansar Khan…
Ian White said he was surprised to be a healthy scratch tonight, Said he’s frustrated and upset by it.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 27, 2013
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 19
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)