Feb 27, 2013, 3:18 PM EST
Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock appears to be sending a message to veteran defenseman Ian White.
Per the Red Wings’ Twitter account, White will be a healthy scratch tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings.
White has one goal and one assist in 14 games. The 28-year-old was minus-2 in Saturday’s 8-3 victory over Vancouver and is a combined minus-6 in his last six games.
White missed five games earlier this season with a left leg laceration that required surgery.
Update: Here’s more, from MLive.com’s Ansar Khan…
Ian White said he was surprised to be a healthy scratch tonight, Said he’s frustrated and upset by it.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 27, 2013
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 1
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 6
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 18
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11