Feb 27, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock appears to be sending a message to veteran defenseman Ian White.
Per the Red Wings’ Twitter account, White will be a healthy scratch tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings.
White has one goal and one assist in 14 games. The 28-year-old was minus-2 in Saturday’s 8-3 victory over Vancouver and is a combined minus-6 in his last six games.
White missed five games earlier this season with a left leg laceration that required surgery.
Update: Here’s more, from MLive.com’s Ansar Khan…
Ian White said he was surprised to be a healthy scratch tonight, Said he’s frustrated and upset by it.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 27, 2013
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 5
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)