Feb 27, 2013, 3:18 PM EDT
Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock appears to be sending a message to veteran defenseman Ian White.
Per the Red Wings’ Twitter account, White will be a healthy scratch tonight in Los Angeles against the Kings.
White has one goal and one assist in 14 games. The 28-year-old was minus-2 in Saturday’s 8-3 victory over Vancouver and is a combined minus-6 in his last six games.
White missed five games earlier this season with a left leg laceration that required surgery.
Update: Here’s more, from MLive.com’s Ansar Khan…
Ian White said he was surprised to be a healthy scratch tonight, Said he’s frustrated and upset by it.
— Ansar Khan (@AnsarKhanMLive) February 27, 2013
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 0
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 8
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 15
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 28
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 85
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 99
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)