Feb 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
It’s become an unscientific trend that former Los Angeles Kings forwards start putting up better numbers once they put on another uniform.
Normally, it’s younger guys like Wayne Simmonds, Teddy Purcell and even Andrei Loktionov so far. It’s way too early to say that Simon Gagne is one of those guys – albeit an older one – but he scored a goal in his return to the Philly fold on Wednesday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As NBC’s Liam McHugh points out, this ends a 32-game goalless streak for the 32-year-old winger (which includes the playoffs). Not too surprisingly, that’s the longest run of his nice NHL career.
The Flyers would be delighted if this is a sign of more good things to come.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 1
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 9
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)