Feb 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EDT
It’s become an unscientific trend that former Los Angeles Kings forwards start putting up better numbers once they put on another uniform.
Normally, it’s younger guys like Wayne Simmonds, Teddy Purcell and even Andrei Loktionov so far. It’s way too early to say that Simon Gagne is one of those guys – albeit an older one – but he scored a goal in his return to the Philly fold on Wednesday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As NBC’s Liam McHugh points out, this ends a 32-game goalless streak for the 32-year-old winger (which includes the playoffs). Not too surprisingly, that’s the longest run of his nice NHL career.
The Flyers would be delighted if this is a sign of more good things to come.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)