Feb 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
It’s become an unscientific trend that former Los Angeles Kings forwards start putting up better numbers once they put on another uniform.
Normally, it’s younger guys like Wayne Simmonds, Teddy Purcell and even Andrei Loktionov so far. It’s way too early to say that Simon Gagne is one of those guys – albeit an older one – but he scored a goal in his return to the Philly fold on Wednesday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As NBC’s Liam McHugh points out, this ends a 32-game goalless streak for the 32-year-old winger (which includes the playoffs). Not too surprisingly, that’s the longest run of his nice NHL career.
The Flyers would be delighted if this is a sign of more good things to come.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 1
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 20
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 27
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)