Feb 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
It’s become an unscientific trend that former Los Angeles Kings forwards start putting up better numbers once they put on another uniform.
Normally, it’s younger guys like Wayne Simmonds, Teddy Purcell and even Andrei Loktionov so far. It’s way too early to say that Simon Gagne is one of those guys – albeit an older one – but he scored a goal in his return to the Philly fold on Wednesday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As NBC’s Liam McHugh points out, this ends a 32-game goalless streak for the 32-year-old winger (which includes the playoffs). Not too surprisingly, that’s the longest run of his nice NHL career.
The Flyers would be delighted if this is a sign of more good things to come.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher 0
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)