Feb 27, 2013, 9:02 PM EST
It’s become an unscientific trend that former Los Angeles Kings forwards start putting up better numbers once they put on another uniform.
Normally, it’s younger guys like Wayne Simmonds, Teddy Purcell and even Andrei Loktionov so far. It’s way too early to say that Simon Gagne is one of those guys – albeit an older one – but he scored a goal in his return to the Philly fold on Wednesday:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As NBC’s Liam McHugh points out, this ends a 32-game goalless streak for the 32-year-old winger (which includes the playoffs). Not too surprisingly, that’s the longest run of his nice NHL career.
The Flyers would be delighted if this is a sign of more good things to come.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)