Feb 27, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
This morning in Vancouver, Canucks center Ryan Kesler was seen walking around with an air cast on his right foot.
According to TEAM 1040’s Matt Sekeres, there’s a good reason for that: Kesler broke his foot Feb. 21 against the Dallas Stars.
Kesler’s agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirmed his client has a broken foot to The Province’s Ben Kuzma.
The Canucks have played three games since Feb. 21, and Kesler has appeared in all of them. Last night, the 28-year-old played 19:07 in a 4-2 home loss to Phoenix.
Kesler has only played seven times in 2013; he missed the start of the shortened season while still recovering from offseason surgeries on his wrist and shoulder.
The Canucks have yet to comment on his status.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault confirmed this afternoon that Kesler has a fractured foot, which showed up on a CT scan this morning.
“I would assume he’s going to be out for a little while,” said Vigneault, per the Vancouver Sun.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 2
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 12
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 53
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 19
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 16
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)