Feb 27, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
This morning in Vancouver, Canucks center Ryan Kesler was seen walking around with an air cast on his right foot.
According to TEAM 1040′s Matt Sekeres, there’s a good reason for that: Kesler broke his foot Feb. 21 against the Dallas Stars.
Kesler’s agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirmed his client has a broken foot to The Province’s Ben Kuzma.
The Canucks have played three games since Feb. 21, and Kesler has appeared in all of them. Last night, the 28-year-old played 19:07 in a 4-2 home loss to Phoenix.
Kesler has only played seven times in 2013; he missed the start of the shortened season while still recovering from offseason surgeries on his wrist and shoulder.
The Canucks have yet to comment on his status.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault confirmed this afternoon that Kesler has a fractured foot, which showed up on a CT scan this morning.
“I would assume he’s going to be out for a little while,” said Vigneault, per the Vancouver Sun.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 23
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 50
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)