Feb 27, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
This morning in Vancouver, Canucks center Ryan Kesler was seen walking around with an air cast on his right foot.
According to TEAM 1040’s Matt Sekeres, there’s a good reason for that: Kesler broke his foot Feb. 21 against the Dallas Stars.
Kesler’s agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirmed his client has a broken foot to The Province’s Ben Kuzma.
The Canucks have played three games since Feb. 21, and Kesler has appeared in all of them. Last night, the 28-year-old played 19:07 in a 4-2 home loss to Phoenix.
Kesler has only played seven times in 2013; he missed the start of the shortened season while still recovering from offseason surgeries on his wrist and shoulder.
The Canucks have yet to comment on his status.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault confirmed this afternoon that Kesler has a fractured foot, which showed up on a CT scan this morning.
“I would assume he’s going to be out for a little while,” said Vigneault, per the Vancouver Sun.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 0
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 29
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)