Feb 27, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
This morning in Vancouver, Canucks center Ryan Kesler was seen walking around with an air cast on his right foot.
According to TEAM 1040’s Matt Sekeres, there’s a good reason for that: Kesler broke his foot Feb. 21 against the Dallas Stars.
Kesler’s agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirmed his client has a broken foot to The Province’s Ben Kuzma.
The Canucks have played three games since Feb. 21, and Kesler has appeared in all of them. Last night, the 28-year-old played 19:07 in a 4-2 home loss to Phoenix.
Kesler has only played seven times in 2013; he missed the start of the shortened season while still recovering from offseason surgeries on his wrist and shoulder.
The Canucks have yet to comment on his status.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault confirmed this afternoon that Kesler has a fractured foot, which showed up on a CT scan this morning.
“I would assume he’s going to be out for a little while,” said Vigneault, per the Vancouver Sun.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)