Feb 27, 2013, 3:31 PM EDT
This morning in Vancouver, Canucks center Ryan Kesler was seen walking around with an air cast on his right foot.
According to TEAM 1040’s Matt Sekeres, there’s a good reason for that: Kesler broke his foot Feb. 21 against the Dallas Stars.
Kesler’s agent, Kurt Overhardt, confirmed his client has a broken foot to The Province’s Ben Kuzma.
The Canucks have played three games since Feb. 21, and Kesler has appeared in all of them. Last night, the 28-year-old played 19:07 in a 4-2 home loss to Phoenix.
Kesler has only played seven times in 2013; he missed the start of the shortened season while still recovering from offseason surgeries on his wrist and shoulder.
The Canucks have yet to comment on his status.
Vancouver head coach Alain Vigneault confirmed this afternoon that Kesler has a fractured foot, which showed up on a CT scan this morning.
“I would assume he’s going to be out for a little while,” said Vigneault, per the Vancouver Sun.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20