Feb 27, 2013, 7:15 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
24-year-old defenseman Eric Gryba obviously isn’t going to replace the injured Norris Trophy-winning Erik Karlsson, but in six games with the Ottawa Senators, the rookie blueliner has impressed the team. (Ottawa Citizen)
31-year-old forward Andrew Murray, who is a veteran of 220 NHL games, has been summoned by the St. Louis Blues. (Blues.nhl.com)
Los Angeles Kings coach Darryl Sutter had this to say about Red Wings coach Mike Babcock: “I know him pretty [well]. I know he wants to kick my ass, and I want to kick his.” They’ll both get that opportunity tonight. (LA Kings Insider)
With a lengthy history of suspensions and fines, Chicago Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo knows he has a reputation, but he likes that it focuses attention on him as opposed to his linemates. (Chicago Tribune)
The Newark City Council has approved the revenue-sharing plan with the New Jersey Devils for the Prudential Center. (New Jersey Online)
If you missed the Boston Bruins’ game against the New York Islanders last night, you can view the highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Apr 26, 2015, 12:07 AM EDT
Another big rally at the Saddledome.
Apr 25, 2015, 11:03 PM EDT
A six-game series that felt like (at least) seven.
Apr 25, 2015, 10:31 PM EDT
Wild stuff at the Saddledome tonight.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:59 PM EDT
Vancouver looking to avoid elimination for the second straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:55 PM EDT
Zero goals in five playoff games.
Apr 25, 2015, 9:18 PM EDT
A healthy tally.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Putting on a clinic.
Apr 25, 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Corey Crawford’s back in.
Apr 25, 2015, 7:37 PM EDT
The Islanders won 3-1 in Game 6.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:59 PM EDT
No penalty on the play.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:10 PM EDT
He made his postseason debut in Game 4.
Apr 25, 2015, 6:03 PM EDT
Plenty of life on Long Island.
Apr 25, 2015, 5:48 PM EDT
Apr 25, 2015, 5:20 PM EDT
Keep this bounce in mind in the third period.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:58 PM EDT
He’s been ruled out of the series due to a rib injury.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:25 PM EDT
Carlson has his first of the playoffs.
Apr 25, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Kudos to the Cambria County War Memorial Arena in Johnstown, Pennsylvania and the Decatur Civic Center in Decatur, Illinois.
Apr 25, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
He’ll backup for a fourth straight game.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:55 PM EDT
New York, Nashville and Vancouver are all facing elimination today.
Apr 25, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
Both were in their first season with the hockey club.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)