Feb 27, 2013, 7:15 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
24-year-old defenseman Eric Gryba obviously isn’t going to replace the injured Norris Trophy-winning Erik Karlsson, but in six games with the Ottawa Senators, the rookie blueliner has impressed the team. (Ottawa Citizen)
31-year-old forward Andrew Murray, who is a veteran of 220 NHL games, has been summoned by the St. Louis Blues. (Blues.nhl.com)
Los Angeles Kings coach Darryl Sutter had this to say about Red Wings coach Mike Babcock: “I know him pretty [well]. I know he wants to kick my ass, and I want to kick his.” They’ll both get that opportunity tonight. (LA Kings Insider)
With a lengthy history of suspensions and fines, Chicago Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo knows he has a reputation, but he likes that it focuses attention on him as opposed to his linemates. (Chicago Tribune)
The Newark City Council has approved the revenue-sharing plan with the New Jersey Devils for the Prudential Center. (New Jersey Online)
If you missed the Boston Bruins’ game against the New York Islanders last night, you can view the highlights below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Mar 3, 2015, 12:28 PM EST
“Matt’s priority is to remain in Anaheim for many years to come. Hopefully we can make that happen.”
Mar 3, 2015, 11:56 AM EST
Sens are making a run in the East, but it’s still the Bruins’ spot to lose.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:06 AM EST
“Players would have to come to me.”
Mar 3, 2015, 10:55 AM EST
The other new guy, Sean Bergenheim, will play with Nino Niederreiter and Charlie Coyle.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:41 AM EST
The two squads will play again on Sunday.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:35 AM EST
Plenty of roster spots to be filled in Buffalo after yesterday’s deadline.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:57 AM EST
Is this a sign of what they should expect to face as free agents?
Mar 3, 2015, 9:11 AM EST
This was a key win for San Jose.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:56 AM EST
Tampa Bay needs to get hot to challenge the Atlantic Division-leading Montreal Canadiens.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:00 AM EST
Tuesday’s collection of links.
Mar 2, 2015, 11:23 PM EST
Kimmo Timonen and Antoine Vermette made their debuts.
Mar 2, 2015, 10:49 PM EST
San Jose beat Montreal 4-0 on Monday.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:56 PM EST
An impressive effort for a team going all-in.
Mar 2, 2015, 9:03 PM EST
Then again, Taylor Beck’s helper might have been better.
Mar 2, 2015, 8:14 PM EST
He’ll pair with Sergei Gonchar to start.
Mar 2, 2015, 7:31 PM EST
Adding versatility in a tough West.
Mar 2, 2015, 6:49 PM EST
Quite a rebound from a scary lacerated arm.
Mar 2, 2015, 5:59 PM EST
“We were looking to upgrade, add more of a veteran presence.”
Mar 2, 2015, 5:49 PM EST
“It’s just hard to get a deal done, and you see the prices are so high.”
Mar 2, 2015, 5:25 PM EST
Was it just a sellers’ market?
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 3
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 46
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (72)