Feb 27, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Braden Holtby will have someone new to chat with during breaks tonight against Philadelphia.
Grubauer, 21, is a German-born netminder taken in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
He’s spent the majority of his career in the ECHL, but made the jump to Hershey this season, where he’s fared well — 6-4-1 with a 2.10 goals-against average and .928 save percentage.
The organization thinks highly of Grubauer. But make no mistake, the goaltending position is all about Holtby at the moment.
He’s been Washington’s goalie of record since Feb. 7 and has gone 5-2 over the last seven games with a .937 save percentage, which included a 33-save shutout against Carolina on Tuesday night.
Holtby has only allowed six goals over his last four games and tonight, will look to replicate his success against the Flyers from Feb. 1, when he stopped 29 of 31 shots for a 3-2 victory at Verizon.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)