Feb 27, 2013, 11:32 AM EDT
Braden Holtby will have someone new to chat with during breaks tonight against Philadelphia.
Grubauer, 21, is a German-born netminder taken in the fourth round (112th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
He’s spent the majority of his career in the ECHL, but made the jump to Hershey this season, where he’s fared well — 6-4-1 with a 2.10 goals-against average and .928 save percentage.
The organization thinks highly of Grubauer. But make no mistake, the goaltending position is all about Holtby at the moment.
He’s been Washington’s goalie of record since Feb. 7 and has gone 5-2 over the last seven games with a .937 save percentage, which included a 33-save shutout against Carolina on Tuesday night.
Holtby has only allowed six goals over his last four games and tonight, will look to replicate his success against the Flyers from Feb. 1, when he stopped 29 of 31 shots for a 3-2 victory at Verizon.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup