Feb 27, 2013, 6:40 PM EST
Defenseman Raphael Diaz has quietly been an important part of the Montreal Canadiens’ surprising success in 2013, but the team will need to cope without him for at least Wednesday (and possibly quite a bit longer).
Diaz sustained the injury sometime during overtime of the Habs’ last game against the Ottawa Senators. TSN’s John Bartlett reports that Diaz felt fine during practice on Tuesday but started feeling dizzy later that night.
Diaz has 13 points in 19 games this season. He’s tied with Josh Gorges for the second most time on ice with an average of 20:36 per game.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2