Feb 27, 2013, 6:40 PM EST
Defenseman Raphael Diaz has quietly been an important part of the Montreal Canadiens’ surprising success in 2013, but the team will need to cope without him for at least Wednesday (and possibly quite a bit longer).
Diaz sustained the injury sometime during overtime of the Habs’ last game against the Ottawa Senators. TSN’s John Bartlett reports that Diaz felt fine during practice on Tuesday but started feeling dizzy later that night.
Diaz has 13 points in 19 games this season. He’s tied with Josh Gorges for the second most time on ice with an average of 20:36 per game.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)