Feb 27, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT
Defenseman Raphael Diaz has quietly been an important part of the Montreal Canadiens’ surprising success in 2013, but the team will need to cope without him for at least Wednesday (and possibly quite a bit longer).
Diaz sustained the injury sometime during overtime of the Habs’ last game against the Ottawa Senators. TSN’s John Bartlett reports that Diaz felt fine during practice on Tuesday but started feeling dizzy later that night.
Diaz has 13 points in 19 games this season. He’s tied with Josh Gorges for the second most time on ice with an average of 20:36 per game.
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 28
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 51
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 82
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (82)