Feb 27, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Ottawa Senators finally got some good news on the injury front as forward Milan Michalek returned to practice.
Michalek, 28, suffered a knee injury prior to Ottawa’s game against Pittsburgh on Feb. 13 — yes, the same game in which Erik Karlsson was lost for the season — and has missed the last six games.
The veteran winger was off to a solid start this year, racking up 2G-6A-8PTS in 13 games, though his goal production was down.
Michalek led the Sens in goals last year, with 35, and is a five-time 20-plus goalscorer.
As for when he’ll return to the lineup?
The Sens confirmed Michalek will travel with this week. Ottawa kicks off a five-game road trip on Thursday in Boston, so Michalek will fly and continue practicing with teammates.
The club said he’s “unlikely” to play the next three games, but could make a return next Wednesday (Mar. 6) when the Sens head to Toronto for the latest chapter of the Battle of Ontario.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 11
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 36
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel