Feb 27, 2013, 1:26 PM EDT
On Wednesday, the Ottawa Senators finally got some good news on the injury front as forward Milan Michalek returned to practice.
Michalek, 28, suffered a knee injury prior to Ottawa’s game against Pittsburgh on Feb. 13 — yes, the same game in which Erik Karlsson was lost for the season — and has missed the last six games.
The veteran winger was off to a solid start this year, racking up 2G-6A-8PTS in 13 games, though his goal production was down.
Michalek led the Sens in goals last year, with 35, and is a five-time 20-plus goalscorer.
As for when he’ll return to the lineup?
The Sens confirmed Michalek will travel with this week. Ottawa kicks off a five-game road trip on Thursday in Boston, so Michalek will fly and continue practicing with teammates.
The club said he’s “unlikely” to play the next three games, but could make a return next Wednesday (Mar. 6) when the Sens head to Toronto for the latest chapter of the Battle of Ontario.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)