Feb 27, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Thanks to travel and visa issues, players don’t always get to play for their new teams immediately after being traded. Michael Ryder won’t need to miss a game after being shipped from Dallas to Montreal, though.
The Globe & Mail reports that Ryder will play for the Montreal Canadiens against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night.
There’s no word on where Ryder, 32, may settle into the Habs’ lineup.
One thing we do know: Ryder will wear No. 73.
Ryder finished his days with the Stars on a red-hot streak; he had nine points during a six game scoring run, with three assists on Monday. We’ll see if he can keep that momentum going on a new team with new linemates.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)