Feb 27, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Thanks to travel and visa issues, players don’t always get to play for their new teams immediately after being traded. Michael Ryder won’t need to miss a game after being shipped from Dallas to Montreal, though.
The Globe & Mail reports that Ryder will play for the Montreal Canadiens against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night.
There’s no word on where Ryder, 32, may settle into the Habs’ lineup.
One thing we do know: Ryder will wear No. 73.
Ryder finished his days with the Stars on a red-hot streak; he had nine points during a six game scoring run, with three assists on Monday. We’ll see if he can keep that momentum going on a new team with new linemates.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)