Feb 27, 2013, 7:16 PM EST
Thanks to travel and visa issues, players don’t always get to play for their new teams immediately after being traded. Michael Ryder won’t need to miss a game after being shipped from Dallas to Montreal, though.
The Globe & Mail reports that Ryder will play for the Montreal Canadiens against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night.
There’s no word on where Ryder, 32, may settle into the Habs’ lineup.
One thing we do know: Ryder will wear No. 73.
Ryder finished his days with the Stars on a red-hot streak; he had nine points during a six game scoring run, with three assists on Monday. We’ll see if he can keep that momentum going on a new team with new linemates.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)