Feb 27, 2013, 7:16 PM EDT
Thanks to travel and visa issues, players don’t always get to play for their new teams immediately after being traded. Michael Ryder won’t need to miss a game after being shipped from Dallas to Montreal, though.
The Globe & Mail reports that Ryder will play for the Montreal Canadiens against the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday night.
There’s no word on where Ryder, 32, may settle into the Habs’ lineup.
One thing we do know: Ryder will wear No. 73.
Ryder finished his days with the Stars on a red-hot streak; he had nine points during a six game scoring run, with three assists on Monday. We’ll see if he can keep that momentum going on a new team with new linemates.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'