Feb 27, 2013, 1:24 PM EST
Losers of four straight, including last night’s 4-3 home defeat to Winnipeg, the New York Rangers got some potentially good news today when injured defenseman Ryan McDonagh practiced and said afterwards that he was feeling better than expected.
ESPN’s Katie Strang thinks it “sure sounds” like McDonagh will play tomorrow when the Rangers host Tampa Bay.
McDonagh was hit from behind into the boards by Montreal’s Max Pacioretty on Saturday and missed the Jets game as a result. The 23-year-old is third on the team in average ice time (23:45).
In other New York injury news, forward Rick Nash (undisclosed) and defenseman Michael Del Zotto (lower body) skated today, but both will reportedly wait until tomorrow to decide if they can suit up against the Lightning (per The Record’s Andrew Gross).
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)