Feb 27, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Losers of four straight, including last night’s 4-3 home defeat to Winnipeg, the New York Rangers got some potentially good news today when injured defenseman Ryan McDonagh practiced and said afterwards that he was feeling better than expected.
ESPN’s Katie Strang thinks it “sure sounds” like McDonagh will play tomorrow when the Rangers host Tampa Bay.
McDonagh was hit from behind into the boards by Montreal’s Max Pacioretty on Saturday and missed the Jets game as a result. The 23-year-old is third on the team in average ice time (23:45).
In other New York injury news, forward Rick Nash (undisclosed) and defenseman Michael Del Zotto (lower body) skated today, but both will reportedly wait until tomorrow to decide if they can suit up against the Lightning (per The Record’s Andrew Gross).
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17