Feb 27, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Losers of four straight, including last night’s 4-3 home defeat to Winnipeg, the New York Rangers got some potentially good news today when injured defenseman Ryan McDonagh practiced and said afterwards that he was feeling better than expected.
ESPN’s Katie Strang thinks it “sure sounds” like McDonagh will play tomorrow when the Rangers host Tampa Bay.
McDonagh was hit from behind into the boards by Montreal’s Max Pacioretty on Saturday and missed the Jets game as a result. The 23-year-old is third on the team in average ice time (23:45).
In other New York injury news, forward Rick Nash (undisclosed) and defenseman Michael Del Zotto (lower body) skated today, but both will reportedly wait until tomorrow to decide if they can suit up against the Lightning (per The Record’s Andrew Gross).
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 24
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires