Feb 27, 2013, 1:24 PM EDT
Losers of four straight, including last night’s 4-3 home defeat to Winnipeg, the New York Rangers got some potentially good news today when injured defenseman Ryan McDonagh practiced and said afterwards that he was feeling better than expected.
ESPN’s Katie Strang thinks it “sure sounds” like McDonagh will play tomorrow when the Rangers host Tampa Bay.
McDonagh was hit from behind into the boards by Montreal’s Max Pacioretty on Saturday and missed the Jets game as a result. The 23-year-old is third on the team in average ice time (23:45).
In other New York injury news, forward Rick Nash (undisclosed) and defenseman Michael Del Zotto (lower body) skated today, but both will reportedly wait until tomorrow to decide if they can suit up against the Lightning (per The Record’s Andrew Gross).
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 15
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 20
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 65
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 26
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)