Feb 27, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Injured Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin (concussion) skated today in Pittsburgh, according to head coach Dan Byslma.
“He was symptom-free (Tuesday) and progressed to exercise today,” Bylsma said. “I think he was on the ice for 30 minutes or so.”
There is still no timetable for Malkin’s return.
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
The Penguins play in Carolina Thursday evening before ending their three-game road trip Saturday in Montreal.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 4
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)