Feb 27, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Injured Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin (concussion) skated today in Pittsburgh, according to head coach Dan Byslma.
“He was symptom-free (Tuesday) and progressed to exercise today,” Bylsma said. “I think he was on the ice for 30 minutes or so.”
There is still no timetable for Malkin’s return.
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
The Penguins play in Carolina Thursday evening before ending their three-game road trip Saturday in Montreal.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)