Feb 27, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Injured Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin (concussion) skated today in Pittsburgh, according to head coach Dan Byslma.
“He was symptom-free (Tuesday) and progressed to exercise today,” Bylsma said. “I think he was on the ice for 30 minutes or so.”
There is still no timetable for Malkin’s return.
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
The Penguins play in Carolina Thursday evening before ending their three-game road trip Saturday in Montreal.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)