Feb 27, 2013, 4:50 PM EDT
Injured Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin (concussion) skated today in Pittsburgh, according to head coach Dan Byslma.
“He was symptom-free (Tuesday) and progressed to exercise today,” Bylsma said. “I think he was on the ice for 30 minutes or so.”
There is still no timetable for Malkin’s return.
Bylsma said Sunday that Malkin “suffered some short-term memory loss and therefore was diagnosed with a concussion” as a result of a fall into the boards in a home game against Florida on Feb. 22.
The Penguins play in Carolina Thursday evening before ending their three-game road trip Saturday in Montreal.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47