Feb 27, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Yesterday, we passed along reports out of Columbus that James Wisniewski would miss “an extended period of time” after breaking his foot against Chicago on Sunday.
Today, the Jackets made it official.
Columbus placed Wisniewski on IR, retroactive to Feb. 24, and announced the 29-year-old defenseman is expected to miss 4-6 weeks.
Losing Wisniewski will hurt an already-limping Jackets team.
He currently sits in a tie for third in team scoring (3G-6A-9PTS) and averages over 23:32 a night — now, he joins a list of walking wounded that includes Brandon Dubinsky, Artem Anisimov and Jack Johnson.
In Wisniewski’s place, the Jackets have recalled Cody Goloubef from AHL Springfield.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25