Feb 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is doing a great job coaching the Anaheim Ducks this season. As it turns out, he’s still good for a funny one-line or two.
When the OC Register asked about the Detroit Red Wings realigning to the equivalent of the Eastern Conference, Boudreau provided these comments:
“They shouldn’t be in the West,” Boudreau said. “Get them out as quick as possible, by the way. I can tell you a couple of teams. They should be with Chicago. Chicago should be in the East too.
“Who else? I think the Kings could go there, just for some travel.”
Naturally, he was joking – especially about Los Angeles – but Boudreau followed that up with a more serious take on the proposal.
“It really helps out a lot of teams,” Boudreau said. “It keeps you in the same time zone for the most part. I know for a guy who was out east and came to the west, I found it quite taxing to keep going through time zones.
“There’s teams that it’s definitely going to help. You look at Winnipeg and you look at Dallas and Columbus. Detroit. I think they’re all going to help them. I think it’s going to create even greater rivalries amongst teams.”
Even if those pesky Kings stick around.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (81)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)