Feb 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is doing a great job coaching the Anaheim Ducks this season. As it turns out, he’s still good for a funny one-line or two.
When the OC Register asked about the Detroit Red Wings realigning to the equivalent of the Eastern Conference, Boudreau provided these comments:
“They shouldn’t be in the West,” Boudreau said. “Get them out as quick as possible, by the way. I can tell you a couple of teams. They should be with Chicago. Chicago should be in the East too.
“Who else? I think the Kings could go there, just for some travel.”
Naturally, he was joking – especially about Los Angeles – but Boudreau followed that up with a more serious take on the proposal.
“It really helps out a lot of teams,” Boudreau said. “It keeps you in the same time zone for the most part. I know for a guy who was out east and came to the west, I found it quite taxing to keep going through time zones.
“There’s teams that it’s definitely going to help. You look at Winnipeg and you look at Dallas and Columbus. Detroit. I think they’re all going to help them. I think it’s going to create even greater rivalries amongst teams.”
Even if those pesky Kings stick around.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 27
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 13
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 8
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1