Feb 27, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is doing a great job coaching the Anaheim Ducks this season. As it turns out, he’s still good for a funny one-line or two.
When the OC Register asked about the Detroit Red Wings realigning to the equivalent of the Eastern Conference, Boudreau provided these comments:
“They shouldn’t be in the West,” Boudreau said. “Get them out as quick as possible, by the way. I can tell you a couple of teams. They should be with Chicago. Chicago should be in the East too.
“Who else? I think the Kings could go there, just for some travel.”
Naturally, he was joking – especially about Los Angeles – but Boudreau followed that up with a more serious take on the proposal.
“It really helps out a lot of teams,” Boudreau said. “It keeps you in the same time zone for the most part. I know for a guy who was out east and came to the west, I found it quite taxing to keep going through time zones.
“There’s teams that it’s definitely going to help. You look at Winnipeg and you look at Dallas and Columbus. Detroit. I think they’re all going to help them. I think it’s going to create even greater rivalries amongst teams.”
Even if those pesky Kings stick around.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 10
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 107
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (107)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)