Feb 27, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Tuesday’s practice proved costly for the St. Louis Blues.
Today, the club announced two key forwards would be lost after suffering injuries during yesterday’s drills — Andy McDonald is listed as week-to-week with left knee ailment while Alex Steen is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
McDonald, 35, is one of the club’s alternate captains and has 11 points in 18 games this year but has been besieged by injury over the last two seasons, missing 57 games last year with a concussion and bruised right shoulder.
In 2010-11 he missed 24 with concussion issues.
Steen, 28, is also an alternate captain and leads the team in scoring this year with 16 points. Like McDonald, he too has had his fair share of injuries over the last while — he missed 39 games last year with a concussion and 10 games in 2010-11 with an ankle injury.
How the Blues react to losing two of their top scorers remains to be seen.
Rookie sensation Vladimir Tarasenko, tied for third in goals (six), is still out with a concussion and veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner is out for the year after undergoing hip surgery in early February.
Earlier today, reports surfaced that GM Doug Armstrong had spoken with Philadelphia about the availability of Daniel Briere.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)