Feb 27, 2013, 12:44 PM EDT
Tuesday’s practice proved costly for the St. Louis Blues.
Today, the club announced two key forwards would be lost after suffering injuries during yesterday’s drills — Andy McDonald is listed as week-to-week with left knee ailment while Alex Steen is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
McDonald, 35, is one of the club’s alternate captains and has 11 points in 18 games this year but has been besieged by injury over the last two seasons, missing 57 games last year with a concussion and bruised right shoulder.
In 2010-11 he missed 24 with concussion issues.
Steen, 28, is also an alternate captain and leads the team in scoring this year with 16 points. Like McDonald, he too has had his fair share of injuries over the last while — he missed 39 games last year with a concussion and 10 games in 2010-11 with an ankle injury.
How the Blues react to losing two of their top scorers remains to be seen.
Rookie sensation Vladimir Tarasenko, tied for third in goals (six), is still out with a concussion and veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner is out for the year after undergoing hip surgery in early February.
Earlier today, reports surfaced that GM Doug Armstrong had spoken with Philadelphia about the availability of Daniel Briere.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 47
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 24
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 39
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 30
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 40
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)