Feb 27, 2013, 12:44 PM EST
Tuesday’s practice proved costly for the St. Louis Blues.
Today, the club announced two key forwards would be lost after suffering injuries during yesterday’s drills — Andy McDonald is listed as week-to-week with left knee ailment while Alex Steen is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.
McDonald, 35, is one of the club’s alternate captains and has 11 points in 18 games this year but has been besieged by injury over the last two seasons, missing 57 games last year with a concussion and bruised right shoulder.
In 2010-11 he missed 24 with concussion issues.
Steen, 28, is also an alternate captain and leads the team in scoring this year with 16 points. Like McDonald, he too has had his fair share of injuries over the last while — he missed 39 games last year with a concussion and 10 games in 2010-11 with an ankle injury.
How the Blues react to losing two of their top scorers remains to be seen.
Rookie sensation Vladimir Tarasenko, tied for third in goals (six), is still out with a concussion and veteran forward Jamie Langenbrunner is out for the year after undergoing hip surgery in early February.
Earlier today, reports surfaced that GM Doug Armstrong had spoken with Philadelphia about the availability of Daniel Briere.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 57
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 72
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (142)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (72)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)