Feb 26, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
A day after getting off crutches, Cal Clutterbuck is going on IR.
That’s the word out of Minnesota on Tuesday as Mike Russo of the Star-Tribune reports Clutterbuck is headed to injured reserve, won’t make the Wild’s upcoming road trip and could miss the team’s next four games.
The hit resulted in a two-game suspension for Hall, which he has since served. Clutterbuck missed Minnesota’s 3-1 loss to Calgary on Saturday and will miss tonight’s rematch in Minnesota.
His long-term prognosis still unknown.
The Wild head out on a two-game road trip tomorrow, to play games in Phoenix (on Thursday) and Anaheim (on Friday) before returning to Minnesota for game versus Hall and the Oilers on Sunday.
By Russo’s estimation (and the fact the IR designation doesn’t appear to be retroactive), Clutterbuck might not be back in the lineup until Tuesday, Mar. 5, when the Wild take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 20
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 49
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 26
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 52
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6