Feb 26, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
A day after getting off crutches, Cal Clutterbuck is going on IR.
That’s the word out of Minnesota on Tuesday as Mike Russo of the Star-Tribune reports Clutterbuck is headed to injured reserve, won’t make the Wild’s upcoming road trip and could miss the team’s next four games.
The hit resulted in a two-game suspension for Hall, which he has since served. Clutterbuck missed Minnesota’s 3-1 loss to Calgary on Saturday and will miss tonight’s rematch in Minnesota.
His long-term prognosis still unknown.
The Wild head out on a two-game road trip tomorrow, to play games in Phoenix (on Thursday) and Anaheim (on Friday) before returning to Minnesota for game versus Hall and the Oilers on Sunday.
By Russo’s estimation (and the fact the IR designation doesn’t appear to be retroactive), Clutterbuck might not be back in the lineup until Tuesday, Mar. 5, when the Wild take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)