Feb 26, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
A day after getting off crutches, Cal Clutterbuck is going on IR.
That’s the word out of Minnesota on Tuesday as Mike Russo of the Star-Tribune reports Clutterbuck is headed to injured reserve, won’t make the Wild’s upcoming road trip and could miss the team’s next four games.
The hit resulted in a two-game suspension for Hall, which he has since served. Clutterbuck missed Minnesota’s 3-1 loss to Calgary on Saturday and will miss tonight’s rematch in Minnesota.
His long-term prognosis still unknown.
The Wild head out on a two-game road trip tomorrow, to play games in Phoenix (on Thursday) and Anaheim (on Friday) before returning to Minnesota for game versus Hall and the Oilers on Sunday.
By Russo’s estimation (and the fact the IR designation doesn’t appear to be retroactive), Clutterbuck might not be back in the lineup until Tuesday, Mar. 5, when the Wild take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 4
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 28
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)