Feb 26, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
A day after getting off crutches, Cal Clutterbuck is going on IR.
That’s the word out of Minnesota on Tuesday as Mike Russo of the Star-Tribune reports Clutterbuck is headed to injured reserve, won’t make the Wild’s upcoming road trip and could miss the team’s next four games.
The hit resulted in a two-game suspension for Hall, which he has since served. Clutterbuck missed Minnesota’s 3-1 loss to Calgary on Saturday and will miss tonight’s rematch in Minnesota.
His long-term prognosis still unknown.
The Wild head out on a two-game road trip tomorrow, to play games in Phoenix (on Thursday) and Anaheim (on Friday) before returning to Minnesota for game versus Hall and the Oilers on Sunday.
By Russo’s estimation (and the fact the IR designation doesn’t appear to be retroactive), Clutterbuck might not be back in the lineup until Tuesday, Mar. 5, when the Wild take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)