Feb 26, 2013, 12:57 PM EST
A day after getting off crutches, Cal Clutterbuck is going on IR.
That’s the word out of Minnesota on Tuesday as Mike Russo of the Star-Tribune reports Clutterbuck is headed to injured reserve, won’t make the Wild’s upcoming road trip and could miss the team’s next four games.
The hit resulted in a two-game suspension for Hall, which he has since served. Clutterbuck missed Minnesota’s 3-1 loss to Calgary on Saturday and will miss tonight’s rematch in Minnesota.
His long-term prognosis still unknown.
The Wild head out on a two-game road trip tomorrow, to play games in Phoenix (on Thursday) and Anaheim (on Friday) before returning to Minnesota for game versus Hall and the Oilers on Sunday.
By Russo’s estimation (and the fact the IR designation doesn’t appear to be retroactive), Clutterbuck might not be back in the lineup until Tuesday, Mar. 5, when the Wild take on the Blackhawks in Chicago.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 2
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 2
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8