Feb 26, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Going into Monday’s game, the Chicago Blackhawks already had the NHL record for most consecutive games with at least a point to start the season. After 60 minutes of play, the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks were tied at two, extending the streak to 19 no matter what happened.
But the record was never the most important thing to the Blackhawks in the first place. It’s just a byproduct of their desire to get points and not become complacent in the face of a hot streak.
After the game, Hossa talked to CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins. If you missed that last night, you can also view it below:
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5