Feb 26, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Going into Monday’s game, the Chicago Blackhawks already had the NHL record for most consecutive games with at least a point to start the season. After 60 minutes of play, the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks were tied at two, extending the streak to 19 no matter what happened.
But the record was never the most important thing to the Blackhawks in the first place. It’s just a byproduct of their desire to get points and not become complacent in the face of a hot streak.
After the game, Hossa talked to CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins. If you missed that last night, you can also view it below:
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34