Feb 26, 2013, 9:04 AM EDT
Going into Monday’s game, the Chicago Blackhawks already had the NHL record for most consecutive games with at least a point to start the season. After 60 minutes of play, the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks were tied at two, extending the streak to 19 no matter what happened.
But the record was never the most important thing to the Blackhawks in the first place. It’s just a byproduct of their desire to get points and not become complacent in the face of a hot streak.
After the game, Hossa talked to CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins. If you missed that last night, you can also view it below:
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 8
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 43
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41