Feb 26, 2013, 9:04 AM EST
Going into Monday’s game, the Chicago Blackhawks already had the NHL record for most consecutive games with at least a point to start the season. After 60 minutes of play, the Edmonton Oilers and Chicago Blackhawks were tied at two, extending the streak to 19 no matter what happened.
But the record was never the most important thing to the Blackhawks in the first place. It’s just a byproduct of their desire to get points and not become complacent in the face of a hot streak.
After the game, Hossa talked to CSN Chicago’s Susannah Collins. If you missed that last night, you can also view it below:
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8