Feb 26, 2013, 5:06 PM EST
The New Jersey Devils have placed goalie Martin Brodeur (back) on injured reserve, retroactive to Feb. 24.
Brodeur, 40, has missed New Jersey’s last two games with a sore back and was originally listed as day-to-day.
By putting him on IR retroactively to Sunday, the Devils ensured that he’ll miss at least the next two games — Thursday at Winnipeg, Saturday at Buffalo — before being re-activated.
Things haven’t gone especially well for the Devils with Brodeur on the shelf.
Backhup Johan Hedberg has allowed nine goals on 53 shots over the last two games, losses to Washington and Winnipeg, and is now 2-3-1 on the year with a 2.65 GAA and .900 save percentage.
For added depth at the goaltender position, the Devils have recalled Keith Kinkaid from AHL Albany. The 23-year-old is 17-11-5 with a .905 save percentage this season.
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 7
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 26
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 62
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 41
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (115)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)