Feb 26, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have placed goalie Martin Brodeur (back) on injured reserve, retroactive to Feb. 24.
Brodeur, 40, has missed New Jersey’s last two games with a sore back and was originally listed as day-to-day.
By putting him on IR retroactively to Sunday, the Devils ensured that he’ll miss at least the next two games — Thursday at Winnipeg, Saturday at Buffalo — before being re-activated.
Things haven’t gone especially well for the Devils with Brodeur on the shelf.
Backhup Johan Hedberg has allowed nine goals on 53 shots over the last two games, losses to Washington and Winnipeg, and is now 2-3-1 on the year with a 2.65 GAA and .900 save percentage.
For added depth at the goaltender position, the Devils have recalled Keith Kinkaid from AHL Albany. The 23-year-old is 17-11-5 with a .905 save percentage this season.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)