Feb 26, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have placed goalie Martin Brodeur (back) on injured reserve, retroactive to Feb. 24.
Brodeur, 40, has missed New Jersey’s last two games with a sore back and was originally listed as day-to-day.
By putting him on IR retroactively to Sunday, the Devils ensured that he’ll miss at least the next two games — Thursday at Winnipeg, Saturday at Buffalo — before being re-activated.
Things haven’t gone especially well for the Devils with Brodeur on the shelf.
Backhup Johan Hedberg has allowed nine goals on 53 shots over the last two games, losses to Washington and Winnipeg, and is now 2-3-1 on the year with a 2.65 GAA and .900 save percentage.
For added depth at the goaltender position, the Devils have recalled Keith Kinkaid from AHL Albany. The 23-year-old is 17-11-5 with a .905 save percentage this season.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)