Feb 26, 2013, 5:06 PM EDT
The New Jersey Devils have placed goalie Martin Brodeur (back) on injured reserve, retroactive to Feb. 24.
Brodeur, 40, has missed New Jersey’s last two games with a sore back and was originally listed as day-to-day.
By putting him on IR retroactively to Sunday, the Devils ensured that he’ll miss at least the next two games — Thursday at Winnipeg, Saturday at Buffalo — before being re-activated.
Things haven’t gone especially well for the Devils with Brodeur on the shelf.
Backhup Johan Hedberg has allowed nine goals on 53 shots over the last two games, losses to Washington and Winnipeg, and is now 2-3-1 on the year with a 2.65 GAA and .900 save percentage.
For added depth at the goaltender position, the Devils have recalled Keith Kinkaid from AHL Albany. The 23-year-old is 17-11-5 with a .905 save percentage this season.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 11
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 33
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- Erik Haula signs two-year extension with Wild (35)