Feb 26, 2013, 2:10 PM EST
Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe spoke with Bill Zito — the agent representing both Thomas and Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask — who said that DiPietro going on waivers (then clearing, then being sent to AHL Bridgeport) won’t spur Thomas back into action.
According to Zito, the two-time Vezina winner remains in Colorado with his family, still undecided whether he wants to resume his NHL career.
“Nothing’s changed,’’ Zito said. “I got a lot of calls and e-mails last week when [the Islanders] put [Rick] DiPietro on waivers. But nothing’s changed with Timmy.’’
In DiPietro’s place, Kevin Poulin was recalled from Bridgeport to serve as Evgeni Nabokov‘s backup — which may be partly why there were questions about Thomas’ potential return.
Poulin was solid at times in his season debut — Sunday’s 4-2 loss to Carolina — but is only 22 years old, and hasn’t shown a ton of consistency at the AHL level.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)