Feb 26, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe spoke with Bill Zito — the agent representing both Thomas and Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask — who said that DiPietro going on waivers (then clearing, then being sent to AHL Bridgeport) won’t spur Thomas back into action.
According to Zito, the two-time Vezina winner remains in Colorado with his family, still undecided whether he wants to resume his NHL career.
“Nothing’s changed,’’ Zito said. “I got a lot of calls and e-mails last week when [the Islanders] put [Rick] DiPietro on waivers. But nothing’s changed with Timmy.’’
In DiPietro’s place, Kevin Poulin was recalled from Bridgeport to serve as Evgeni Nabokov‘s backup — which may be partly why there were questions about Thomas’ potential return.
Poulin was solid at times in his season debut — Sunday’s 4-2 loss to Carolina — but is only 22 years old, and hasn’t shown a ton of consistency at the AHL level.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 16
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)