Feb 26, 2013, 2:10 PM EDT
Kevin Paul Dupont of the Boston Globe spoke with Bill Zito — the agent representing both Thomas and Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask — who said that DiPietro going on waivers (then clearing, then being sent to AHL Bridgeport) won’t spur Thomas back into action.
According to Zito, the two-time Vezina winner remains in Colorado with his family, still undecided whether he wants to resume his NHL career.
“Nothing’s changed,’’ Zito said. “I got a lot of calls and e-mails last week when [the Islanders] put [Rick] DiPietro on waivers. But nothing’s changed with Timmy.’’
In DiPietro’s place, Kevin Poulin was recalled from Bridgeport to serve as Evgeni Nabokov‘s backup — which may be partly why there were questions about Thomas’ potential return.
Poulin was solid at times in his season debut — Sunday’s 4-2 loss to Carolina — but is only 22 years old, and hasn’t shown a ton of consistency at the AHL level.
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 2
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 8
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 11
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 51
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 25
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 66
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (79)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)